Help - Everything is landscape

RupertP

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My EVO has started putting every screen except the home screen into landsacpe mode. It will not go back to portrait when the phone is turned to portrait mode. The only way I have found to correct the problem is to restart the phone. Once I use it in landscape, it will not go back into portrait. Any one have any suggestions?

DaneHR2

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
My EVO has started putting every screen except the home screen into landsacpe mode. It will not go back to portrait when the phone is turned to portrait mode. The only way I have found to correct the problem is to restart the phone. Once I use it in landscape, it will not go back into portrait. Any one have any suggestions?

One of your sensors may stick once turned to its termination point. Once a restart is done it resets the sensor. Just a guess. I would contact a repair center.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If you don't know how to calibrate it:

1. From the Home screen, press Menu > Settings.

2. Select Sound & display.

3. Tap G-sensor calibration.

4. Put the Evo on a flat surface.

5. Tap Calibrate.

6. Tap OK when it finishes.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
The other poster might be right there is a thread where you can get a code to get into a secret mode where you can test the sensers it somewhere in the 3 or 2 pages I just saw it but if it continues then would take it in so a tech could look at it most likely there going to see if a factory reset will do the trick trust me that's there best friend if they try what you have done by turning the phone off trick doesn't Work they will try that reset trick so sync everything and back anything else up before you go would be a great Idea lol

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
^^ The link you post doesn't work.

To the op did you try to reboot the phone. Hold down power and volume down button until white screen comes on, follow steps to reboot device. Should fix that issue.
Ps. Make sure auto rotate is turn on.
Good luck.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hard reset should always be the first thing you do with any problem. If that doesn't work then you have a situation. Glad you fixed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik