Missing space on SD Card?

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I copied over a gigs worth of pictures and videos off my phone and onto my computer to make room on my SD card, rebooted the phone but my free space is still showing only 780mb, which is where it was when all the pictures/videos were still on there. Is there a step i have to do for the sd card to recognize that it has more free space now?

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I copied over a gigs worth of pictures and videos off my phone and onto my computer to make room on my SD card, rebooted the phone but my free space is still showing only 780mb, which is where it was when all the pictures/videos were still on there. Is there a step i have to do for the sd card to recognize that it has more free space now?

are you sure you 'moved' them instead of 'copying'? are they still on your sd card when you mount it to your computer?

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yep, i copied first, then deleted. There are now no files in my Vignette folder or in the DCIM folders. Thats why this has me so confused, since i can see that they are no longer on the sd card, but the available space hasn't changed.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What u may have to do it delete all the corresponding thunmbnails that were genereated with ur pictures,,,also clearing the caches may help as well. Also try downloading a file manager app like astro....it helps in manaaing ur file alot easier and and helps u find the right thumbnails to deletes