router connection issues

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
When I am at home I connect my EVO to my router. It connects just fine. However, sometimes after a.period of time after letting the phone sit and not using data, if I pick up the phone it will show still connected, but not allow me to browse the web. I then have to turn WiFi off and then back on in order to surf the web via WiFi. Anything I can do about this?

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This usually happens to me to its like it cuts the internet off when its in sleep mode I know if your wifi tethering there is a setting you can do where it say never let wifi sleep mode but not sure about regular wifi connection with the phone try the wifi settings on your phone and see if there is anything?

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No I am not rooted. Software is the latest. 3.70.651.1 It is annoying and has been an issue since day one. Not sure if it is a router issue or phone. Maybe a fixed UP would resolve it. Any thoughts?

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
this happens to me every once in awhile..the first time it happened i deleted the network or long-pressed and selected forget network and then reconnected to it. that made the instances fewer and further inbetween but still happens couple of times a month or so but not that often. hope this helps...

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I also just used spear parts and there is also a setting that lets it.do something with the wifi sleep thing if you wanted to see if that that would help you

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When I am at home I connect my EVO to my router. It connects just fine. However, sometimes after a.period of time after letting the phone sit and not using data, if I pick up the phone it will show still connected, but not allow me to browse the web. I then have to turn WiFi off and then back on in order to surf the web via WiFi. Anything I can do about this?
That's a problem that no one can really fix. It's called signal drop or lost at that time. This happen to any phone that have a drop in connection...
whether using wifi or 3g/4g connection. Just update profile for better connection. From home screen tap menu, settings, system updates., update profile.

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it happens. Usually when it happens to me I put a power control on my home screen to turn it back on. Doesn't annoy me much anymore.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699