Just got an EVO I have a bunch of questions but here is one for starters

JEPulizzo

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got an EVO and every time i make or answer a phone call my phone is on speaker and it is kind of annoying. is there a setting that i can change to make it so that speaker is not on??? :p

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
based on the fact that you just got it--

i'm assuming you did NOT install any profile type of apps (ie Tasker) in which you could set it up to answer in Speakerphone mode

therefore, sadly, there is no setting on the phone (factory fresh, at least) that would enable speakerphone to be the default for incoming/outgoing calls on the handset--

check to make sure that Car-Mode is not turned on. this would enable speakerphone to answer/call phone numbers.

Also, many people have had this issue, with various fixes. one such fix is to power the phone off, remove the battery, reinstall the battery, power the phone back on.

some people have seen results from this battery pull solution, (some temporary, some permenant), and others have had to seek other options.

if it doesn't seem to fix itself after a few phone call or a few hours, attempt a factory reset (menu>settings>SD & Phone storage>factory data reset). this will return the phone to stock (it's worked for most people), which will then remove all contacts/texts,emails and such---so be sure you Sync everything with Google servers (emails, contacts, calendars)--but you'll lose all of your texts and customization that you've done on the phone so far. sorry.

keep the thread updated if it doesn't work

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, this is just one of those 'live with it' things. @ project.in.process is right to suggest the remedies listed, and they work for some, but not all. I'm one of the 'not all', and I've just gotten to the point where it is what it is. I hate to sound selfish, but I'm hoping the problem is pervasive enough to justify making the list of bug fixes in the next update. :p

Other than that, enjoy the phone and prepare for a great ride.

rdmpe

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, this is just one of those 'live with it' things. @ project.in.process is right to suggest the remedies listed, and they work for some, but not all. I'm one of the 'not all', and I've just gotten to the point where it is what it is. I hate to sound selfish, but I'm hoping the problem is pervasive enough to justify making the list of bug fixes in the next update. :p

Other than that, enjoy the phone and prepare for a great ride.

Did your phone do this from day one? If so, I assume Sprint would replace it.

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
No, didn't do it since day one, nor does it do it 100% of the time (i'd say 20%). Since it's so non-reproducible, I haven't worried about taking it to Sprint. In the grand scheme of things, it's VERY minor... I want to say it started occurring right when we had the last update...

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have also seemed to notice that the phone "remembers" what setting I had last. So if I don't turn off the speakerphone before I end the call the next time I answer or make a call it auto goes to speaker. That has worked for me.

what are some of the other ?'s ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress