Employee discounts

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
hmm can we say fraudulant? military or not...that still isnt right. is that all you joined for was to expect to have everything cheap for you? it will be because of people like you that the discount program will get taken away or something.

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Armyntt> Thank you for your service.

x2

Armyntt, I was going to link you to that sprint users discount but looks like you've found one. Stay safe!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, Veterans should get a higher discount. I spoke with my buddy over at AT&T, military also gets a 15% discount. Funny thing is when this was brought up he told me AT&T employees get a 19%, while their home service competator Comcast employees get 25%. Messed up isnt it?

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I know its wrong of me but when i see the discounts like that i feel its kinda BS. I agree though no company owes me anything its just kinda odd to support the troops and give us a lower discount. Does AT&T have commercials sayin they support Comcast and all the work they do? Do they donate things to Comcast employees hurt while in the line of duty?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It's because those companies strike deals with Sprint.

They give the military discount out of the goodness of their hearts, not because they have too, and I doubt they give it through an agreement with the Military. Therefor, the company (which is in the business of making money) isn't getting anything out of it, as they are other agreements.

I'd say be happy there is a discount at all, rather than upset that it's a lower percentage based on agreements with private companies.

I work for a company, through which we receive a 27% discount, and again, that's because both companies are getting something out of it.

Edit: I'm not anti-military by any means and have lots of family members and friends overseas in the Air Force. I just wanted to point that out before anyone takes my post in the wrong way! :) Look at it from a fiscal stand-point. Their prices are already waaaaay low.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I think all service members should get ther choice of carrier and individual plan for free, but that's just me.

I mean, their actual pay sucks. The least we as a corporate nation could do is give 'em a phone so they can keep in touch with their family no matter where they are.

So what if they feel entitled. I don't see everyone volunteering to get shot at.

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This tread actually made me have a bit of cognitive dissonance, so bravo to that alone. I guess I'll hash out both sides of my thoughts...

Sorry Armyntt, but you are dead wrong. You misrepresented yourself to Sprint in an attempt to pay less for service than you are entitled to pay. I don't care what you do for a living, wrong is wrong. You seem to know it, which makes it even less honorable in my personal opinion (honest mistake vs. intentional).

On the other hand. WTF Sprint? Really, these men and women put life and limb on the line, foregoing implacable time with family and friends, and they aren't considered eligible for 'top tier' benefits with your company? Wow, it's a sad day when people that are willing to sacrifice themselves aren't entitled to the same perks that the guy that changes light bulbs at the time warner building is.

Armyntt, another consideration would be to just use Sprint online chat to fish for a higher %. They give them out for almost anything, including being a part of credit unions, certain career fields, and a whole medley of other reasons. Also, an email to 'Dan Hesse' and something like WSJ might raise it's profile, enough to benefit not just your situation, but other soldiers as well. Just a thought. :)

And of course, thanks so much for your service for us all, and be safe out there!

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
funny..i work for comcast and i enjoy my 25% discount...but we are prolly one of sprints top clients as well. on top of the $1500 phones each tech gets to use plus the blackberrys the supervisors/managers get. talk about a cell phone bill i wouldnt wanna see LOL...its not a matter of what your entitled to just cuz you serve...dont get me wrong your doing a great thing...but just cuz you think your entitled to more cuz of that aint right..no one twisted your leg to do it. and i know you get more perks with other things than to have to lie to get a discount on your cellphone bill.

but anyways i appreciate what you do for the country but my stance on people cheating to get things cheap stand...cuz its those 2%-5% of people who eff it up for the rest of us.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I know its wrong of me but when i see the discounts like that i feel its kinda BS. I agree though no company owes me anything its just kinda odd to support the troops and give us a lower discount. Does AT&T have commercials sayin they support Comcast and all the work they do? Do they donate things to Comcast employees hurt while in the line of duty?

You'd get a higher discount if the military cut a deal with Sprint to only use their products for wireless service. Of course, the military isn't going to do that, and leaves it up to procurement at whatever level if wireless service is needed. Usually your battalion staffs, S-shops, G-staff, etc have issued cell phones. I retired from the Army in 2005 as an 11Z, and would like to see a higher discount for those still serving, but, it all boils down to "what can you do for me?" in the business world. Due to various regulations the Army isn't doing anything exclusive for Sprint.

Stay safe.

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Everyone on this thread is right. I never thought this thread would get like this. Im the only one in the wrong here. I manipulated the system. I have been to PX's ( its like an army walmart) where Sprint was the only carrier selling cell phone service. It wasnt like a 3rd party sprint store either. This was in multiple PX's too. So i dunno if sprint worked something out with the PX or the base or if the other carriers just didnt care or need to. I was just tryin to keep my bill down. Fatal 11Z? Not knockin the INF but you guys are out there. :) Im a 91X. (Parts Changer, well not so much anymore)

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
hmm can we say fraudulant? military or not...that still isnt right. is that all you joined for was to expect to have everything cheap for you? it will be because of people like you that the discount program will get taken away or something.

Wow, OrangeGTP, ease up on the guy. You know, so many people quickly SAY, they support the military. Until it costs more than lip service. When there is a personal cost like maybe holding a job position while the service member is deployed, not foreclosing on your house while your in Iraq, scaming you on some pay day loan sceme, etc. etc. Then its not so easy to "support the troops"
Anyway, it seems like the larger the organization is that you work for, the smaller the discount Sprint gives. By whats said here it appears the smaller organizations get the bigger discounts.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Everyone on this thread is right. I never thought this thread would get like this. Im the only one in the wrong here. I manipulated the system. I have been to PX's ( its like an army walmart) where Sprint was the only carrier selling cell phone service. It wasnt like a 3rd party sprint store either. This was in multiple PX's too. So i dunno if sprint worked something out with the PX or the base or if the other carriers just didnt care or need to. I was just tryin to keep my bill down. Fatal 11Z? Not knockin the INF but you guys are out there. :) Im a 91X. (Parts Changer, well not so much anymore)

I'm a civilian now ;)

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

You can say "fraudulant" all you want; but if you can't spell it, it doesn't count.
Hell, I might try my old email address with AOL if it still exists. My company only gets a 17% discount.