Just left Blackberry for the Evo...

queen-kiesha

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So, I've just got my evo today. So far so good. I'm looking for any suggestions on apps. I dl'ed a couple; poynt, plume, podtrapper and a couple more. I was interested in a good led app... I had one on my BB that had a disco setting. I'm also wondering if there is a setting out there to totally disable the mute key? I was on the phone and kept muting the call. I didn't see anything in the settings?

Thanks a bunch. :-*

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, fairychick.
Welcome to the forum.

Check out the link in my signature. You should find all that you're looking for. (Tips&Tricks)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can check the application forum there is a thread where people have listed their favorite apps I'm sure you will find some good ones in there.
I'm not sure if there is anything that will disable the mute key while on calls. My wife has the same problem on her moto droid and I think its her hair. On the top of the phone is a sensor so when the phone is held up to your ear it should turn the screen off so not buttons can be hit but if your holding it to your hair it may not work correctly.

DocJ#AC

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I get my Evo 4G tomorrow in exchange for my Blackberry Bold. How do you like it so far? My biggest concern is email, but after some searching around the forums I've found that there are solutions. We'll see tomorrow.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I get my Evo 4G tomorrow in exchange for my Blackberry Bold. How do you like it so far? My biggest concern is email, but after some searching around the forums I've found that there are solutions. We'll see tomorrow.

Email is great. I use the gmail app and I never have any problems. I can honestly say, if you have gmail, your email experience will be better than it ever has been on a BlackBerry.

queen-kiesha

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
OMG, guys I'm in LOVE with my Evo. I don't miss BB one bit. There are endless possibilities with this thing. Such an awesome device, I'm just ticked that it took me this long to get it lol. I do have a question, does it need to be rebooted daily? If so is there a good app for it? I'm gonna go on the hunt for the answers but thought I'd ask here too.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you're liking your device! I'm coming from a BlackBerry as well.

You don't need to reboot every day like you did with a BlackBerry. If fact, ONLY pull the battery when you have no other option, such as if the phone is completely locked up, which should be rare.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member