Htc Evo wont receive incoming calls?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Its very weird, my girlfriends Evo won't receive calls, but she can call out with no problems. She just upgraded from a palm pre and her signal strength at her house has never been an issue before. She is completely stock, unrooted, and with the latest prls ad pris. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Its very weird, my girlfriends Evo won't receive calls, but she can call out with no problems. She just upgraded from a palm pre and her signal strength at her house has never been an issue before. She is completely stock, unrooted, and with the latest prls ad pris. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Is it all calls or just some of them i.e yourself? Because my wifes phone used to send me
right to voice mail with a couple of other numbers that was in her contacts when attempting to call her.

Then we checked my profile in her contacts and it had a feature right in the middle on the bottom
that says "send to voice mail" on/off.
make sure it is set to off.

Reactions: hawaiijedi

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, HawaiiD your the man!!! That is exactly what the problem was! My profile in contacts was set as send to voice mail...she doesn't even know how to use her phone yet and I teased her saying that's how much I mean to you being sent to voice mail!! :D Thank you so much and I love your profile pic...Kamenraida or Kikkaida? I'm in Honolulu as well!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow, HawaiiD your the man!!! That is exactly what the problem was! My profile in contacts was set as send to voice mail...she doesn't even know how to use her phone yet and I teased her saying that's how much I mean to you being sent to voice mail!! :D Thank you so much and I love your profile pic...Kamenraida or Kikkaida? I'm in Honolulu as well!

No problem! Nice to see another bruddah on the forum!

Good thing GF happy now! She happy now you going be happy ;)

As for my avatar?
That is the newest Ultraman. Ultraman Zero. if you like that kind of tv shows? check out youtube and search Ultraman Zero.

Wow and you remember Kamen Raider and Kikaida? wow you as old as me brah? \ooo/

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

You sure she didn't do it on purpose heheh nah J/K!

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I know right?! I was like thanks I am paying for your new phone and monthly bill and you block me? Lol! Yup I grew up on that stuff Kamen Raider and Kikaida, Robotech etc...cool I will check out Ultraman Zero! SHootz brah, pocho from Palolo signing out!!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I know right?! I was like thanks I am paying for your new phone and monthly bill and you block me? Lol! Yup I grew up on that stuff Kamen Raider and Kikaida, Robotech etc...cool I will check out Ultraman Zero! SHootz brah, pocho from Palolo signing out!!

Nah Palolo huh? right on I grad from Kaimuki. But shootz thats for another time!
Aloha!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to take mine in to Sprint because I'm having all sorts of problems not receiving calls, either to my Sprint or Google Voice numbers. It will work fine and then not ring at all and I have no clue anything hasn't worked until I (sometimes) get the Google Voice alert. People are pissed, thinking I'm ignoring them; my friend was held out of a movie screening because he couldn't call me and I didn't get his texts until 20 minutes later; I missed out on a $400 photography gig when I was the first called, but never heard about it until it was too late. My phone never rang.

It happens in different locations, even when I've got full bars. I took it in a month ago and they updated the radio FW and I rooted and switched to CM7 with no success, so I went back to stock since CM7 was guzzling my battery. Any ideas?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to take mine in to Sprint because I'm having all sorts of problems not receiving calls, either to my Sprint or Google Voice numbers. It will work fine and then not ring at all and I have no clue anything hasn't worked until I (sometimes) get the Google Voice alert. People are pissed, thinking I'm ignoring them; my friend was held out of a movie screening because he couldn't call me and I didn't get his texts until 20 minutes later; I missed out on a $400 photography gig when I was the first called, but never heard about it until it was too late. My phone never rang.

It happens in different locations, even when I've got full bars. I took it in a month ago and they updated the radio FW and I rooted and switched to CM7 with no success, so I went back to stock since CM7 was guzzling my battery. Any ideas?

Don't know if this applies to rooted phones? But is you PRL and Profile up to date?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got PRL 01115; don't know what Profile version is, but it should be up-to-date. It's utterly inconsistent - it makes calls fine, but receiving is a crapshoot. I'm sick of having friends yelling at me like I've been ignoring their calls when I finally call them back.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've got PRL 01115; don't know what Profile version is, but it should be up-to-date. It's utterly inconsistent - it makes calls fine, but receiving is a crapshoot. I'm sick of having friends yelling at me like I've been ignoring their calls when I finally call them back.

Yes 01115 is the correct PRL number.

In your contacts like I mentioned to Hawaiijedi.

Is your friends profile "Send to Voicemail" selection set to off?

If it is? I would try reflashing the stock rom and see if it helps with receiving calls?
Or wiping and reflashing your stock rom?
If not take it back? you could have a faulty radio?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sigh...sometimes I wonder if I'm writing in Esperanto because the replies I get indicate no one is actually reading what I write.

No, I don't have anyone set to go to voicemail. If I did, why would it mostly work? I was having trouble receiving calls before I rooted, after they updated the radio, after I rooted and flashed to CM7, and again after returning to stock. It doesn't ring when people call the Sprint or Google numbers. Sometimes the GV doesn't pick up the voicemail either; I get notified that my home Vonage number which GV rings as well has a message.

All of this was posted; sorry that you didn't bother reading all the words.

BTW, tonight at the movies, they have a kiosk where you can text Sprint and get a code for a worthless concession upgrades coupon. I sent the text to the Sprint number. And waited. And waited. Annnnnnnnnnnd waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaited. 10 minutes later, the auto-reply came. Yay for instant communications.

cindyv11

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
My HTC EVO V is acting the same way. If the phone is just sitting on the table the bars jump up, down and disappear. For a while it works fine, and after several houirs without receiving a call I check voice mail and I have messages. Sometimes the phone does not ring but I get the little voice mail message icon and a notification sound. My text messages work fine all the time... If I turn on 4g the phone goes right into 4g and stays there, but if I check the status in the my account app it says I have a poor 4 g connection. I could not decide if i was having call problems with 4 g on or off, so I just started leaving it off. For a while I had clearwire internet for my home network and I had a great connection ( I quit them after their customer service made me mad). If my home network ran fast with clear wifi... why does my EVO have a poor connection when i am in a good coverage area. I call virgin mobile over and over trying to find someone who knows the evo and can tell me if this problem can be fixed or not. I have until July 6th to return the phone .... I just can't decide what to do.... Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

PS. I was using the LG Optimus V before the EVO and never had any coverage problems... so I know it is the EVO.... could I have a bad phone?