Read this before you hate on the Evo Shift

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Click on the source link for the story on the front page. Says FFC, and it has Qik in the picture :)

It's weird. The source article says it, yes, but then it says that walmart says it too, but looking at the walmart screen cap I can't see a FFC mentioned anywhere.

If it really is just a CDMA G2 it won't have one and everybody is wrong. But, this wouldn't be the first time Sprint got a manufacturer to modify a design for them (the Epic 4G isn't like any other carriers Galaxy S phone) so we'll just have to wait for it to be officially revealed.

The QIK app being on the screen isn't proof, either, because how many photoshop errors have we seen being made by companies lately?

Anywho, it's gonna be a great phone whether or not it has a FFC. People get stuck on clock speed and they shouldn't. This phone will be a beast and the you all will see that when the first person gets one and posts benchmark screen shots here showing it beating an EVO. :p :p :cool:

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Since I have missed having a keyboard since I got rid of my BB Curve 8330 and only got my Optimus S since it was free and I was tired of the hacky way HTC got the Hero running on Sprint, I will probably get one of these since I'm not a huge Samsung fan.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have one yet but I read on one of the other forums the differences in the EVO and EVO Shift and one thing that will be missing is the front facing camera because of the keyboard.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i have the evo, it wont be missed too much, i trust me the FFC wont be missed too much. I think i may have used it twice to take a pic.

maybe for you, but I use mine quite a bit.

it was an idiotic decision to exclude it, don't remove features, add them!

I can see a keyboard and a smaller screen for women and those with girly hands or those that wear really tight pants (women and feminine men lol) but why remove the FFC?

Peska

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Girly hands represent!

I can see a keyboard and a smaller screen for women and those with girly hands or those that wear really tight pants (women and feminine men lol) but why remove the FFC?

Well, it's the reason I got the Shift rather then the original EVO. The original was just too big for my hands, I'd be dropping it constantly.

And I gotta say, I am loving this phone so far. Former iPhone user, now Android fangirl.

-Peska

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I might have to check the EVO Shift out at Best Buy or somewhere casue for some reason I can't type for **** on my EVO anymore and it's drving my crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez