3rd htc shift in 5wks!

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes as the title says this is my 3rd htc evo shift in 5wks.

I first got the phone march 19th and I love it, its a great phone. I started having a problem where I would exit and app and I would get the white and screen htc boot up screen, then it would say loading for 20 or 30 seconds. I took it back to the store and since I was still in my 30 days they replaced it no problems asked.

Ok so that's the second phone. I downloaded my apps, I do not root, I do not download apps not from the market. Don't really remember how many days it took, but it happened again. I called sprint and they had me do a factory reset and for about a week or longer it was fine, then it happened again. Calle sprint and they gave me a code to take the phone into the store and get a diagnostic test on it, they should they couldn't fix it so they called in for yet another replacement.

3rd phone- I got this phone yesterday, april 26th, around 7pm, went home, downloaded my apps and it did it around 9. I also want to add in my sd card had randomly said damaged sd card and it had to be formatted. So I called this morning and they had me take the sd card out, had it out for like 4hrs and it did it again, so I put it back in and did a factory reset, now I have NO APPS and it did it again when I left youtube, the one that came on the phone.

I was just on the phone with sprint 5 mins ago and they keep trying to give me replacement phones. I am sick of getting replacements, I just want this problem to stop. I have tried EVERYTHING. Please help! Has anybody else had this problem? Did it stop? I hope someone replies because I am at a lost right now, I love the phone and everything about it except for this problem. Please reply & thanks for your reply in advance.

edback

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
that's very strange. before i rooted, my phone would do that on occasion, but very rarely. i never let it bother me because it's just htc sense reloading. how often does this happen to you? are you running a task killer? those are a big no no

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have NO APPS on the phone, & I never run task killer, I know it isn't good for the phone. Before I did the factory reset, it would do it 3 out of the 5 times I clicked the home button. It was a lot of apps running in the background, but I never force close then because I know I'm not supposed to & I know it will mess up the phone. it would also do this when I was in an app, internet & etc for along time, over 15mins or so.

rdziagwa

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have NO APPS on the phone, & I never run task killer, I know it isn't good for the phone. Before I did the factory reset, it would do it 3 out of the 5 times I clicked the home button. It was a lot of apps running in the background, but I never force close then because I know I'm not supposed to & I know it will mess up the phone. it would also do this when I was in an app, internet & etc for along time, over 15mins or so.

Droid newbie here...Why isnt task killer good for the phone? I have one setup to kill all but certain tasks on phone lock

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Because most of the time task killer apps really only end up doing two things.

Killing apps/processes that shouldn't be killed which can mess up your phone
Killing apps/processes that can't be forced closed or simply shouldn't so the phone keeps rebooting them.

In both situations you just cause your phone to work too hard and it eats a lot of battery.

contra

May 14, 2011
Visit site
be happy if they're giving you replacements. i'm on my third shift. first two were in a month's span and this one has been fine since beginning of february. i had to fight with sprint to get the replacement that i'm on now.

jweng

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am still on my first phone but noticed that the loading part happens once in awhile, especially when I have been downloading apps or surfing or checking news. I believe that HTC Sense has to reload when memory is running low so I got the 1Tap Cache cleaner to clear up cache and browser history. Once I do this, the problem has gone away. It would occasionally come back but I would clear the cache and it would go away.

The other thing is not to run the animation on the background. That takes a lot of memory also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non