Would you find that actually taking notes on the Flyer will be distracting?

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
Like in a business meeting, class, or maybe looking for a house, if you bust out that Flyer, will its gee whiz factor be distracting to those around you? Could everyone saying "hey what's that" interrupt things?

Would you use it less because of that?

npath

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When the iPad first came out, I found it very distracting to use it in public, especially in meetings. Since tablets were completely new devices, everyone wanted to know what it was. I find now that it's been over a year and tablets are in full force, very few people bother me anymore. The only potential issue with the Flyer is that if you hit the pen hard on the glass screen, it's going to be loader than with the rubber tipped capacitive pens on other tablets. I just got the Flyer the other day, so I haven't tested it in a meeting yet. Most meetings I attend are pretty loud, so I don't imagine it will be a problem. I will let you know how it goes.

Crispelb

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Geniel Writer, and a targus capitance pen (I'm too cheap to buy the HTC pen). I've been using tablets in meetings for years...lots of looks, but it real well for me

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I spent most of last week in vendor demos and I was taking notes on my Flyer the whole time. I got lots of questions in between sessions because everybody wanted to know the deal with the pen, but I don't think it was too distracting.

npath

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Whoops, I forgot about tablet PCs, which have been around for a while. They never seemed to catch on though, since the OS was never really well designed to be used on a tablet.

By the way, the more I use the Flyer, the better I seem to get at writing without hitting the glass. Now my writing is quite silent, so this is definitely not going to be an issue.

shadohh

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a waste to buy the flyer then if you didnt get the pen. Might as well got a ipad2 or a galaxy tab 8.9.

I'm using Geniel Writer, and a targus capitance pen (I'm too cheap to buy the HTC pen). I've been using tablets in meetings for years...lots of looks, but it real well for me

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If people don't use their tablets now, then the "wow factor" will just be delayed. Better to jump in and get it over with, I think. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099