2.1 ROM's what to use?

rsvees

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok I rooted and am running damage 2.07.2

It works well so far except:

First I can't stand the little vib the phone gives off when calling out.

Second the data doesn't always seem to work and I keep getting errors in the market.

Third is there a way (and yes I did a nandroid backup) to get me old texts and VM's back on the phone?

Is this one of the better ROM's to use right now as far as being functional?

rhotondm

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you running DC 2.7 or DR 2.7? I have used DC 2.7 for awhile now and I really like it. I just recently switch to Sushi ROM and it is much faster than DC but it does not have Sense UI like DC or DR. It won't hurt to try another rom...just do a nandroid and you are good to go.

rsvees

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It's DamageControl, so I assume DC. Also when you do a nandroid can you move your texts and voicemail back on the phone with the new ROM?

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
You can get MyBackupPro to backup call logs, texts, bookmarks and contact. It's a paid app but will probably do what you want.

I've tried a few roms and am now using Fresh 2.0d. I find the battery life much better on Fresh compared to DamageControll. I also like the Expresso Sense on fresh.

klopinator

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site

I like that about half the time, lol - the other half it annoys the hell out of me too.

Second the data doesn't always seem to work and I keep getting errors in the market

I have that issue quite often as well. Are you running in a 1X market or an EVDO market? I'm in 1X.

I know nothing about other ROMS, really, but I definitely can recommend Beezy420's 2.1 Lite option 4. It is FAST on my Hero. And has all the basic functionality needed, and you can mod it any way you may wish.

Live wallpapers work as well, with a flash. As I understand that's not common with 2.1 ROMS?

Anyway, you can find the ROM in the thread up higher in this folder. Google Nav does not work on it though. Does it on DC?

klopinator

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
hm

I like that about half the time, lol - the other half it annoys the hell out of me too.

Second the data doesn't always seem to work and I keep getting errors in the market

I have that issue quite often as well. Are you running in a 1X market or an EVDO market? I'm in 1X.

I know nothing about other ROMS, really, but I definitely can recommend Beezy420's 2.1 Lite option 4. It is FAST on my Hero. And has all the basic functionality needed, and you can mod it any way you may wish.

Live wallpapers work as well, with a flash. As I understand that's not common with 2.1 ROMS?

Anyway, you can find the ROM in the thread up higher in this folder. Google Nav does not work on it though. Does it on DC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non