Battery Calibration

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I cant seem to find anything when i search the forums..

someone want to give me a quick howto on battery calibration?

my 1st 40% goes in like 2 hours, the next 20% takes like 8 hours, i deff need to calibrate..

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I did not write this, it is copied from the old online notepad page the download link for froyo was on:

*TO CALIBRATE BATTERY*
Battery recalibration :
1 If you're experiencing higher than normal battery drain, try the following: Charge the phone to full battery; let it keep charging until the battery says it is fully charged. Do not wait until the light is green, it isn't always fully charged, causing a lot of inaccuracies.
(You can check by going to: Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Battery Level = Full.)
2 Boot to recovery mode and wipe battery stats in recovery
3 Immediately reboot, and once you have access to the launcher, unplug the phone.
4 Do not charge the phone until after draining the battery completely, resulting in it automatically shutting off.
5 Recharge and use your phone as normal.
(FROM: CyanogenMod Wiki)

Reactions: uberjam545

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't think calibrations would change. I tried it on my phone a couple days ago, but the failbook app has messed with my results.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
how did it mess with your results? doesnt say you cant use the phone...i have zagg smartbudds and use the player constantly
. They have amazing sound.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Facebook app with the battery leak the same day I did the calibration, and it ate my battery. Yesterday I used my phone pretty heavily from 6:30am and it didn't die until 10pm. I think the calibration did make a big difference now that I see it without the Facebook memory leak. I don't think it messed up the calibration, just didn't allow me to see the results.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Battery calibration is the same for Froyo and Eclair. The key is to make sure the phone is completely charged before wiping. As noted in the steps, the notification will be green indicating a charge but could be anywhere between 90 and 100%.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
how do i go to recovery mode on my tmobile G2?

Here is the G2 Forum for future reference: http://forum.androidcentral.com/g2-rooting-roms-hacks/

Did you root and get S-off? Did you install the custom Recovery using ROM Manager?

If you answer yes to all the above, then open the ROM Manager App and select 'reboot recovery'. This will get you into the custom Recovery for the G2. It can also be manually accessed by powering off the phone, then hold volume down+power on until the white screen loads. use the volume button to toggle down to recovery and accept. That will also get you into the recovery menu.

Hope this helps :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty