NFL Mobile Live on Sprint Hero?

dullgeek

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm a fairly avid user of the NFL mobile live app. I live away from my favorite team (Green Bay Packers) and I love the fact that Sprint lets me listen to my team's coverage included in the price of the service.

On both of my previous Sprint phones (Centro & Pre) when the phone's screensaver kicked in, the streaming continued on in the background. But on the Hero, it stops. When I turn the screen back on, the NFL app has to reconnect.

This behavior happens if the screen blanks itself, or if I manually blank it by hitting the red power button. I could, of course, set the screen to never blank. But that would doubly eat battery. This same problem happens with the NASCAR app, too.

Is there some way to get an application to keep running even after the screen blanks? I would think that a streaming app would do this by default. Pandora works fine, but the NFL & NASCAR apps don't seem to do it.

Suggestions?

vw driver

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a Hero YET, but will soon. With all the posts about the firmware update, I haven't seen this issue mentioned either way. Can we get an update on NFL Live since the update? Does the audio stay on when the screen turns off???

droooooid

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
have you guys seen the update? screen turns off but audio continues to play with nfl in the notification bar.

seems to work like the normal audio player now...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non