Sprint ending the Hero

JoeDirte

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife thought she wanted an EVO, but decided it's too big, so she chose the Hero instead. None of the BestBuy's in town have one and RadioShack.com doesn't list it anymore. Sprint.com has a sale on them. So, I'm wondering, is Sprint dropping it from the lineup? Is there something comparable in the pipeline?

Thanks.

JoeDirte

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But, the EVO isn't really a comparable device. I think we might still just get her a a Hero from sprint. She doesn't really like the Moment. Can anyone think of a reason not to?

Thanks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I, for one, hope they are ending the hero... 449.99 + 100 (for new phone) - 349.99 (projected cost of new htc hero after EOL) = 200 for EVO =) Correct me if i'm wrong?

Last edited:

emaster101

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They might be clearing the inventory for the HTC Legend which is basically the Hero2. A CDMA (Sprint & Verizon) passed through the FCC about a month ago. Its a beautiful phone made out of one piece of metal. Google it you will see.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
They might be clearing the inventory for the HTC Legend which is basically the Hero2. A CDMA (Sprint & Verizon) passed through the FCC about a month ago. Its a beautiful phone made out of one piece of metal. Google it you will see.

^This please. pretty please even.

coldheat06

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Is HTC Legend that much better then the Hero? Correct me if I'm wrong but the Legends processor is only 600MHz compared to 528MHz of the Hero.... Granted that it does have a little more RAM but that's it.

Or is there a bigger picture that I need to see?

JoeDirte

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Apple tried all metal with the first iPhone and it suffered reception problems. It will be interesting to see if HTC has solved this.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a bad news good news answer to this question actually.

The hero isn't being end of lifed yet. It was however temporarily pulled out of stores...

because they were putting 2.1 on them. They are already showing up on stores again with this in. I know a guy who just bought one today from Rado Shack, and it had 2.1 on it from the get go.

So the good news being, they're not going away just yet. The bad news being, root is going to be a little harder depending if they already have the OTA patch on them (I didn't look that close)

tatonka_Hero

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I was going back in forth between the Galaxy S or the Evo. And I just could turn down the Evo. It just dont like Samsung's custom Android that they put on it.

and after Samsung's recent nightmare in support for the Moment (i.e. radio lockouts, even AFTER an update), are their phones really worth the pain of owning?

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I would wait. The replacement of the Hero is going to out sometime this summer. I could be mistaken but I believe the processor is a newer one so while the raw Mhz isn't that much different it will be a good bit faster clock for clock. The EVO craze will be dying down in a month or so and they will need something else to launch to generate some interest.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
and after Samsung's recent nightmare in support for the Moment (i.e. radio lockouts, even AFTER an update), are their phones really worth the pain of owning?

I had a Moment for about two weeks. It was bad enough for me to vow to never buy a samsung phone every again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty