Contacted HTC about battery help

ballajb

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Ok so yesterday I contacted HTC about the battery issue hoping to get some help. I have been reading everyones issues on here and seeing what people have been saying to do and I have been trying some of the things. This is what they sent me back...

"Thank you for contacting HTC!

There are a few ways you can save your battery life. Some suggestions are: checking to see which applications you have running and shut off any unnecessary applications, Shorten the length of the backlight in use. Charge the battery fully and let it drain all the way before recharging. When not in use, make sure that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is turned off. Also, if you have your phone set up for pull e-mail you may want to set a longer wait between connections. Each time your device searches for e-mail it uses a data connection, which is one of the quickest ways to drain your battery.

If you are still experiencing these problems after trying these steps, our Technical Support Team will be more than happy to further assist you and they can be reached by calling 1-866-449-8358.

Thank You,
HTC Email Support "

I had told them the things I am running on my such as taskpanel, ebuddy, handcent and also the widgets I have up and running. I will be sending them another email for more information because I feel that this was not a lot of help really. So if any of you have any ideas of things I should ask comment and ill just send them a email back later on this evening with my questions along with yours.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I think the best question is about the Taskkiller? there is a Thread that the person said that you shouldn't download one cause HTC told him that the phone handles it on its own (i don't Believe it) but a good question is should we get a task killer that uses auto-kill or manual? what what stops the phone from goin to sleep or stops the lockscreen from coming up?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Your problem is probably ebuddy. I have it too and it can drain a full charge in about 3-5 hours. Even with "battery saving mode" turned on (hint: if an application has battery saving mode ... its likely a resource hog) I can kill a battery by around lunch time.

ballajb

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
yea i think that is a big problem. i started using the app that came on the phone to see how that does, but i dont like it as much as ebuddy. I wonder how some of the other 3rd party IM apps work.

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I think the best question is about the Taskkiller? there is a Thread that the person said that you shouldn't download one cause HTC told him that the phone handles it on its own (i don't Believe it) but a good question is should we get a task killer that uses auto-kill or manual? what what stops the phone from goin to sleep or stops the lockscreen from coming up?
You can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you, Google designed Android with program/app management in mind. Just because the app is running in the background, doesn't mean it's being used.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
You can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you, Google designed Android with program/app management in mind. Just because the app is running in the background, doesn't mean it's being used.

Ok let me say this on my hero I took the taskiller off and noticed no increase in speed I downloaded a file manager to help move things around but it has a task manager built in. Any how I see tons of people using task managers of some sort even sprint is saying to get one I'm not saying that the phone can't work without it or with it but some programs combine them so u might end up with one and not know it