Backgrounds App & SD Card

josh_johnson11

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
First off, I apologize if I'm harping on something that everyone already knows the answer to. I recently got my Hero from Sprint and am unclear about one of the apps and how it relates to the SD Card.

The application "Backgrounds" seems great and I hear many people love it. Each item that I try to save to my phone for use as a wallpaper image says it has been saved to the SD card. When I try to view these images in Albums, they are not there. I can see the files on my computer through a USB connection - why aren't they visible on the phone itself?

Once again, if anyone points me directly to a post with an answer already I will gladly remove the thread. Thanks in advance!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Its because the app saves it to a folder on the SD card called Backgrounds... no wallpaper. When you try to set a wallpaper, it doesn't see that folder as an appropriate folder to pull a picture from. Its the app, not the phone. You can try a folder management app, open the folder, open the wallpaper and long press it for set to wallpaper. I use Backgrounds and Zedge (has both wallpapers and ringtones, however, not many wallpapers).

josh_johnson11

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply! Does this mean also that I could transfer the files from the "backgrounds" folder to the "wallpaper" folder on my computer and pick them up through Albums on the phone that way?

If not, do you have a file manager app that you'd recommend?

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
At least on my phone it has something to do with the files being .png format. I don't remember this happening on my first Hero but it is happening now.

There is a free app in the market called Wallpaper Set & Save and it will view the pictures and allow you to set them as wallpaper. A bonus is that it doesn't do the funky compression that the Hero's default wallpaper chooser does - so the wallpaper looks nice.

josh_johnson11

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Great info. Thanks for the suggestion. I did notice some quality differences with setting the wallpaper from the Backgrounds app and from setting it with the file manager app after saving it. It seems the best option is to set the wallpaper directly from an app (whichever you choose to use). Thanks again!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
My sister recommended I use Linda File Manager. Its not super graphical, but it works and runs fast. You can access the backgrounds from there and set them as a wallpaper. I tried it out, out of curiosity. I found a pic that I downloaded earlier from the backgrounds app and i could use it, but I won't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun