Locked phone fix

rocknasta

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I read through the forum and searched to see if I could find this but I didn't so I thought I would post this.
By chance today I locked my phone. Just messing around I put in the unlock pattern to many times. I tried to put in my gmail account information and it didn't work. After looking at a number of websites I found that this is a a glitch of some sort with android phones.I couldn't get any of the fixes to unlock my phone. Just by chance I ended up figuring out my own method to get it to unlock
Here it is:
I think it was this order. It happened really fast. :)
1. Changed my password on my gmail account.
2. Made a call to my phone.
3. While on the call pulled down the top menu and tapped the sign in/ authenticate button.
4. A menu will pop up and ask you to put in your password to authenticate. (still on the call while doing this) I pulled up the keyboard by tapping in the password box or you can hit the menu key to get it to come up. Put in my new password and let it try to authenticate. (It cant because you are on the phone but let it try and give you the message that it is unable to authenticate)
5.After that end the call and go back to the screen that says enter you gmail
username (your gmail email address) and password. Put this information in.
It actually worked this time and it asked me to set a new unlock pattern. I did the pattern twice and ended up at my home page.

Only had to do this once.
I hope this helps :eek::D;)

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This is great info. Thanks for posting - it's never happened to me, but I have seen plenty of posts from people who ended up having to wipe the phone and restart everything from scratch.

rocknasta

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep I have heard the same thing about a complete wipe and I really didn't want to do that. I wouldn't lose my contacts and my photos, but I didn't want to have to download all my apps again. That is a real pain.

navalynt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yep I have heard the same thing about a complete wipe and I really didn't want to do that. I wouldn't lose my contacts and my photos, but I didn't want to have to download all my apps again. That is a real pain.

IMHO you should always have a recent backup as well, just in case a workaround can't be handily found ;) I personally run a nandroid backup once a week and let MyBackUp Pro run a nightly backup of my data as well.

tinnmart123

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello hack ,ey i try aready but nothing happen what also can i do my droid eris still locked ,,,i change my passw.. On gmail and follow yours instruccions and not work any other idea tnks ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87