Sprint Hero peeps - any way to get a Sprint plan with no contract?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Yeah you have to pay full pop for the phone you want. You only have to sign a contract if you want to pay the subsidized price of the phone.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Well.. Sprint owns Boost Mobile, and thats contract-free, but if you're looking for a Hero as well, you're outta luck as you would only get Boost's availability and not Sprint's.

tatonka_Hero

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
If you know someone that works for sprint, you can get a plan that's contract free (sort of). You're required to pay for the first 3 months of your plan, but then you're no longer on a contract

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
buy a phone on ebay or elsewhere, then start a plan with them, or as was already mentioned, just pay full price for the phone at a Sprint store.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
buy a phone on ebay or elsewhere, then start a plan with them, or as was already mentioned, just pay full price for the phone at a Sprint store.

so this is a valid option then? i was under the impression from other responses elsewhere, that they still made you sign a 2 yr contract... if not, and the above is accurate, then sweet!

Last edited:

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
so this is a valid option then? i was under the impression from other responses elsewhere, that they still made you sign a 2 yr contract... if not, and the above is accurate, then sweet!

i'm not 100% sure on that, for starting a new line, whether a contract is necessary, or they just charge an activation fee or whatnot.

I do know though, that contracts are not extended/renewed for changing plans, etc. and replacing a phone that you purchased on ebay, doesn't extend the contract either. (I did that personally, when one of my phones died.)

I'd just suggest giving them a call then: Sprint - Contact Us

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
If you pay full price for a phone, or purchase a phone from a private 3rd party like on e-bay or craigs list you don't have to sign a 2 year contract even if you're new to Sprint.

The only time you sign a contract is when you're buying a phone from Sprint at the subsidized price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non