camera flash not working

mdandashly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The light itself works because I have a third party app. But when I try to take a photo with the flash it does not work. Anyone else?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The light itself works because I have a third party app. But when I try to take a photo with the flash it does not work. Anyone else?
Make sure appropriate flash setting is set within the Camera app. If it's set to Auto then it won't flash unless the right conditions exists. The flash should be checked to on, not auto, for the flash to work whenever a photo is taken.

J Leonard1

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

This may help and then again may not.. I had a similar problem with my Android Camera App just now and discovered that it was a due to having a Scene set i.e. Party, Action, Night Time etc; when I set Scene Mode to off/none my camera flash icon activated and I was able to use the flash.

regards

Attachments

• scene mode.jpg
    scene mode.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 35

Justtheg33

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I was sitting in my car and wanted to take a picture of a can of "Surge" soda I was drinking. It was dark and I wanted to use my flash. Wasn't working, found this, cleared app data on my camera; still wasn't working. Finally realized it was because my battery was to low. I didn't notice because it was plugged into my car charger so I didn't consider the battery being less than 20%. Make sure your phone is adequately charged!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non