If only HTC had included ... in the ONE

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Because metal phones can't be inductively charged. And I'm guessing you meant SD cards, which some people like and others find unnecessary given the 32/64 onboard memory. Also, Google has been moving away from expandable storage for quite a while, and HTC appears to have chosen to follow suit over the last year.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the all internal storage of my GNex, and on any phone, as long as it is enough storage. HTC got that right.

Now, let's talk about batteries...

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I just hope both 32 and 64 are offered at launch on all carriers. Most likely won't happen which sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Inductive charging would have required a plastic phone, which would have been thicker and likely heavier, looked too much like the 8X, and felt less premium.

I wish they had included an even larger (physically) camera sensor.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
People find anything to complain about. No SD card, they gave you 64Gb though!

Why couldn't the HTC one include some strippers?
Why couldn't the One include some ice cold coronas?
Why couldn't it come with 20 million dollars?

Last edited:

skrybe

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Its annoying that they've dumped expandable storage though. Sure it's nice having 32/64gb onboard but I recently bought a 32gb SD. I'd love to be able to slot that in and have even more storage. Or be able to buy the 32gb and have 64GB thanks to the SD card - since the 64GB models will likely have a large price premium.

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the sprint version will have sd card because sprint does not use a simm. So in turn that sim Slot can but used as a sd card slot

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
With 32 GB I wouldn't miss the SD card. Let alone 64. Especially since my SD card tends to have to be manually mounted each hard boot.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

kenny1743

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
There was only one question I always wanted to ask HTC, why put the power button at the top as on the HTC one X, now that they have integrated the IR sure it make sense, but IMO it's not at all convenient compare to a side power button.

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Inductive charging is just a convenience. It shouldn't make or break anything. It takes an extra second to plug a cable in, and it will charge much faster.

Manufacturers are moving away from NOT including microSD card expansion. The Xperia Z has it on the side, and it's 7.9mm. The Lumia 720 has it in it's unibody polycarbonate, 9mm. The Lenovo K900 that has a sexy stainless steel back has it, 6.9mm. Samsung's phones have always had it. Microsoft has added support for it in WP8. HTC has no excuse. They have a pin with a tray for their SIM card. It should be the same for a microSD card. A couple of years ago everyone would be freaking out that anyone would remove it and pull an Apple, not allowing expansion and charging people big $$$ for more space. Apparently there is a double standard and somehow it is cool for Android phones to do the same thing? Really really sad.

If only HTC had included...

Bigger 5" screen
Bigger 1/2" or larger sensor
New encoding software for their videos because they really suck still
An OIS that actually does something
A sticker that I can peel off for the Beats Audio
A price that won't be more expensive than the competing Galaxy phone, because it usually is

Hbomber110

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
For me there is no "If only HTC had included" because i am buying this phone.
However:
-It could have been a nice slap to sony's face if i was waterproof.
-On screen buttons are better imo.
-Camera dedicated buttons is always a plus.
-And there will never be a battery too big.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
For me there is no "If only HTC had included" because i am buying this phone.
However:
-It could have been a nice slap to sony's face if i was waterproof.

I'm crossing my fingers that AU in Japan will release a waterproof version of it, like the J Butterfly being waterproof and the HTC J before it (a japan-ized version of the One S).

Otherwise I guess my next phone will be Fujitsu again, despite the Japanese quirks Fujitsu puts in their (not extensive) customizations, the hilarious engrish and other features (waterproof, Sony CMOS sensor camera, mobile TV, etc) make those phones really worth it. At least for people living in Japan...

skrybe

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
If only HTC had included...

Bigger 5" screen
A sticker that I can peel off for the Beats Audio

Actually, I'd disagree with the bigger screen one. I love the fact that its the same res as the other flagships but a smaller form factor. 5" is just too big (for me anyway), in fact I suspect 4.7" will be too big as well. But at least its closer.
I'd agree with the sticker comment. I hate the marketing logos on otherwise beautiful devices.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The only thing i'll be missing is the kickstand. I really use mine a lot watching Netflix and YouTube. As for an sd card......really......with 32gb onboard storage do you really need it? I can say for certain that I won't. If you need that much storage on your phone I can't imagine what you'd be using it for. Just my humble opinion. If the otterbox case had a kickstand I'd be happy as a pig in slop but unfortunately the pics don't show one. In any regard I plan on picking one up when they hit the shelves.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TJude

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
You've clearly never experienced inductive charging. It's not just an extra second to plug in a cable. It's a neat desk. It's finding the darn cable. It's dropping the phone on the charger when you hang up. It's class versus not.

This phone is indeed awesome but IC is a glaring lack, and for those who said it can't be done in a metal case have never met a average mech e, nevermind a great one.

Oh, fwiw, there is a cool aftermarket mod someone did with their old Palm Pre. Google it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress