Best Buy pre-order opens.... Sign says so

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...just stopped in my local BestBuy this morning, and while familiar with the One, the manager said pre-order wasn't available yet and had no dates when it would be.

EDIT: for kicks, just called two other BestBuys in the area and neither one was taking pre-orders yet or would give an date when they would (if they knew one).

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC really needs to start pushing out some marketing for this thing now if Wednesday is a good date. If I can preorder this week and get it in the next week or so, they need to be pimpin' this like crazy. Don't wait until it's been out for a month to start aggressively advertising it. Strike while the iron is hot, before the Galaxy S4 comes out and your superior device (flame on, punks!) is left sitting on the shelf because the hype machine just crushed you.

Also, this is my 500th post! Bring on the next contest w/ minimum post-count requirements.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I called a couple more stores (there are quite a few around this area), one said they had signage for it, but hadn't been told when they could do anything with it. The other said to try back, that she thought they would be able to pre-order starting tomorrow morning.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ended up having to run by BestBuy near my office on the way home for something else. Walked past the Mobile dept and they had put up the "Pre-order now" sign, so figured I'd ask. The guy in the department seemed surprised the sign was even up till I pointed it out. Said he'd give it a shot, but couldn't do it. Said they had one message in the computer to take down any signs that had been put up, and a second newer message to discard the signage completely. Said "thanks anyways" and did the rest of my shopping. That last message didn't sound too good to me, though.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Well...went by the one store at lunch that had been consistently saying today (3/13) was the day. The two folks in the department couldn't find any word of the One in their system other than a message stating pre-order was supposed to be available today. They did all they could do to figure out what was going on, but with no luck. The one guy (perhaps a manager, not sure) called a bunch of different folks trying to sort out why it wasn't in the computer and what to do, but nobody seemed to have a clue other than to agree it was supposed to be up today.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hate to hear that as I have a BB gift card i must use.Well hope outright is like 699?

Best buy is taking price matching seriously these days so I believe they will price match whatever the carrier your buying it for is selling it full retail. The only problem is, many best buy stores won't sell a new phone off contract. You'd have to do so online and I don't think you can price match when buying online. Maybe via BB telesales?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa