Rooting the One

KateTheAwesome

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody here rooted their HTC One and can say a little more about how it works, what troubles you had, what changed for you etc.

I didn't really find a lot of resources about rooting the HTC One so far. Understandable as it's rather new :p

(I don't have the phone yet btw, I'm just asking out of curiocity because I'd like to root mine)
Thanks in advance xx

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

KateTheAwesome

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
There are several threads at XDA for rooting the phone. The general steps are to register at htcdev.com, download the fastboot files, unlock your bootloader (THIS WILL PERFORM A FACTORY RESET), then flash a custom recovery via fastboot command, then root the phone via custom recovery.

That sounds rather final. Will that void the guarantee?

Sent from my Nexus 7

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
In general, rooting voids your warranty. There are exceptions. And there are usually ways to go back to stock before you send it in for warranty.

KateTheAwesome

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
In general, rooting voids your warranty. There are exceptions. And there are usually ways to go back to stock before you send it in for warranty.

Ah okay. Well the Nexus 7 rooting process seemed so streamlined and straight forward that I thought Google would actually officially support this :p But thanks.

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Ah okay. Well the Nexus 7 rooting process seemed so streamlined and straight forward that I thought Google would actually officially support this :p But thanks.

The HTC One is supported by HTC, not Google. There's a big difference between a Nexus phone and everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol