Cases for the HTC One

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got a cheap silicon case from amazon about ?5 including delivery. I got a clear one because I want some protection but want to see the sexy beast

Sent from my HTC One

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Casemate Barely There case provide any protection for the screen?

I like this case, but I am just a bit concerned that if I drop the ONE on it's face that there is no protection provided.

No screen protection with the Casemate, as always there is a compromise between size and protection with something like the Barely There case at one of the scale and the Otterbox at the other. You can have rugged protection or you can have minimal bulk but not both. I would question whether or not the best screen protector in the world would save the screen from a fatal drop anyway, gorrila glass is about as tough as it gets so a thin piece of plastic film is not going to make much difference. Cases like the Otterbox are designed with raised edges to prevent the screen from hitting the ground, but that only works if it falls onto a flat surface, in which case the screen would probably survive anyway.

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy paranoia.

Seriously though, the best way to protect your phone is to insure it, not the cheapest option but the only one guaranteed to work. Cases are more about handling and preventing day to day wear and tear, they will not save a phone from a fatal event. I dropped my naked S2 onto a concrete floor and scratched one of its corners and I dropped a cased LG on a forest path where the best thing the case did was hold all the bits in one place. Its not what you drop its the way that you drop it!

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy paranoia.

Seriously though, the best way to protect your phone is to insure it, not the cheapest option but the only one guaranteed to work. Cases are more about handling and preventing day to day wear and tear, they will not save a phone from a fatal event. I dropped my naked S2 onto a concrete floor and scratched one of its corners and I dropped a cased LG on a forest path where the best thing the case did was hold all the bits in one place. Its not what you drop its the way that you drop it!

I tend to agree but I do like the extra warm fuzzy feeling I get when using an Otterbox defender. I find the only phones I have ever broke were the ones tha did not have an Otterbix on them. Probably more luck than anything like you sai but there is a bit of comfort knowing that.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

goneflyfishing

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I tend to agree but I do like the extra warm fuzzy feeling I get when using an Otterbox defender. I find the only phones I have ever broke were the ones tha did not have an Otterbix on them. Probably more luck than anything like you sai but there is a bit of comfort knowing that.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

The Defender has a built-in screen protector. I would imagine it will cover the speakers on the side (negative effects?) and is it flush with the One's screen, i.e. would there be any troubles with the touch screen being non responsive?

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I find on the Note 2 and the Z10 it is close the the screen but once used to having it I have not found thw screen is less responsive at all.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey does anyone recommend a case to really exemplify the speakers, like one with a kickstand? This phone is about media and true you can just have it screen up for the speakers, but it just seems like this phone is the one that would've really benefited with a kick stand. I know the review for the HTC Flip Case is a mixed, but anything like that would probably suit me.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey does anyone recommend a case to really exemplify the speakers, like one with a kickstand? This phone is about media and true you can just have it screen up for the speakers, but it just seems like this phone is the one that would've really benefited with a kick stand. I know the review for the HTC Flip Case is a mixed, but anything like that would probably suit me.

Seidio ACTIVE case

That is the DNA version(no pics of the One version yet) , but they will be the same. Seidio makes the same case for pretty much every phone lol .

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
No screen protection with the Casemate, as always there is a compromise between size and protection with something like the Barely There case at one of the scale and the Otterbox at the other. You can have rugged protection or you can have minimal bulk but not both. I would question whether or not the best screen protector in the world would save the screen from a fatal drop anyway, gorrila glass is about as tough as it gets so a thin piece of plastic film is not going to make much difference. Cases like the Otterbox are designed with raised edges to prevent the screen from hitting the ground, but that only works if it falls onto a flat surface, in which case the screen would probably survive anyway.

There actually is screen protection with the barely there case. I have it on my EVO LTE and had it on my previous EVO 3D. It's minimal protection and the screen might not survive a 6ft fall onto concrete, but it does create a gap (~1mm) between the screen and a surface.

Put it this way, if you're very careful with your phone the barely there case will work out for you and add minimal bulk to your device.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Spigen case even though my upgrade isn't until May 1st. I don't want it to be back ordered by the time I'm ready to get the phone. Its exactly what I had in mind-- very similar to what I keep on my iPhone. I plan to get a SquareTrade warranty too so I don't have to get a hulking brick of a case.

JoeR32

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Spigen case even though my upgrade isn't until May 1st. I don't want it to be back ordered by the time I'm ready to get the phone. Its exactly what I had in mind-- very similar to what I keep on my iPhone. I plan to get a SquareTrade warranty too so I don't have to get a hulking brick of a case.

I'm in the same exact boat as you :D

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer