HTC screwed themselves by not releasing this on Verizon

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
HTC still makes the best quality/looking phones regardless of sales.. in my honest opinion.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

JesterC

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Putting business hat on...
If I were Verizon, and profit margin for (let's say) S4 (being plastic and all) is much higher than HTC One (unibody which raises manufacturing cost), I will probably stick with just selling S4 to increase profitability. In another word, if selling each S4 gives me $100 profit and HTC One only gives me $50, I'd go with forcing everyone to have only one upgrade option. Plus, Samsung has really really deep marketing budget and I wouldn't be suprised that they struck a deal with Verizon to provide $$$ incentive to not carry HTC One.

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on verizon with unlimited data using the HTC Thunderbolt and able to upgrade. I really want this new HTC ONE phone,but it's not avil on verizon. My questions are- . Do i switch to At&t for the HTC ONE or stay with verizon and pick up the DNA phone? My thoughts are since I'm gonna lose my unlimited,why not switch carriers for the phone?

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on verizon with unlimited data using the HTC Thunderbolt and able to upgrade. I really want this new HTC ONE phone,but it's not avil on verizon. My questions are- . Do i switch to At&t for the HTC ONE or stay with verizon and pick up the DNA phone? My thoughts are since I'm gonna lose my unlimited,why not switch carriers for the phone?

Se boat here. Im leaving Verizon (and a crappy Droid Charge) for ATT and the One. Strike one they refuse to carry the phone I want. Strike two I've been with them for ten years and they are taking away the plan I'm grandfathered into? Strike three the closest comparable plan is 100$ for someone who rarely uses minutes and is a moderate texter?

Buh-bye

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

anihilist

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
err.... second largest... and second worst.
- at&t is larger (in terms of subscribers AND coverage - and i'm saying that while NOT being an at&t customer)
- verizon STILL don't even have simultaneous data+voice. that relegates them to the pre-3G era no matter what their marketing folks say. sprint is worse (a lot worse) but both verizon and sprint are pretty horrible compared to any network (anywhere in the world) that ACTUALLY sells what they advertise (e.g. ACTUALLY having a 3G service)

VZW has the lead with 115M subscribers. They are followed by AT&T with 107M and then Sprint with 56M.

Also, VZW does allow for simultaneous voice and data, if you're using LTE or Wifi. Luckily, I have access to both 99% of the time, so I don't have an issue with the service or advertising and I'm in a smaller market(Fort Wayne, IN). Up until about a year ago, VZW's 3G service blew AT&T and Sprint out of the water in terms of speed. It wasn't until AT&T rolled out HSPA+ that they began providing better non-LTE speeds, but they mislabel this network as 4G and not 3G. So, VZW's 3G is technically still faster. Don't even get me started on the joke of a network that Sprint runs.

That being said, I'm one of VZW's biggest critics. I hate how they bully the smartphone manufacturers and stock their shelves with mainly low-end devices. The HTC One omission is just the latest example of blatant arrogance.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Who knows why Verizon didn't want the HTC one. But all I can say is that I'm happy HTC got this phone on three major carriers and it's externally the same phone. This can help HTC out a lot if the can just put some money into marketing it.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
HTC is marketing. I see a commercial for the ONE everyday. People just need to go and buy it now. Lord knows I don't HTC out ta business

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
VZW does allow for simultaneous voice and data, if you're using LTE or Wifi.

Not entirely true. Some phones can use data and talk on 3g on Verizon. Don't have the list, but I know from owning one that the HTC rezound can. I completely varies device to device. Has to do with what fiscal radios they have...

Edit: most phones with Qualcomm radios can do data and voice on 3g. Most all HTC phones and the s3 to name a few.

Sent from my SCH-I535