Bluetooth Low Energy / Fitbit

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's a screenshot of what I see... so it recognizes the (Fitbit) One, seems to attempt to pair, but then fails...

Attachments

• ble.jpg
    ble.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23

nndlb123

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You don't pair a Fitbit One it should just see ti and sync but unfortunately the developers have only got support for the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 so far. If you want the One to sync you will need to contact Fitbit and ask them to allow it in the app.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You don't pair a Fitbit One it should just see ti and sync but unfortunately the developers have only got support for the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 so far. If you want the One to sync you will need to contact Fitbit and ask them to allow it in the app.

This. Fitbit currently only syncs with two Android devices. You can still use the app. I sync wireless with my account via my computer (Fitbit stores the info for about a week, so it will still sync even when you've been away for a couple days) and then the updated account info shows up automatically on the Fitbit app. It actually works just fine.

I will, however, be writing to the developer to encourage broader support for Android devices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

vido.ardes

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually the problem is with Google, not with Fitbit.

Android 4.2.2 (or any of it's predecessors) doesn't support BT4.0 (or BTLE) even though the majority or phones (including the Nexus 4) have the hardware built in. The reason Samsung phones are supported is because they wrote thier own propriatory bluetooth stack for BT4.0 and fit bit can use that. HTC have done the smae, but as of yet fitbit don't support it.

Good news however! Google I/O 2013 starts in 2 days and they shoudl be announcing Android 4.3. 99% certain that BTLE will be a part of 4.3:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/android-platform/CYtxCmtZ-WI/aIzBq7KbKVUJ

Matthew Xie said:
Hi
You will get updated during Google IO on the support of Bluetooth Low Energy of next Android release. I cannot reveal more information at this time.

Thanks
Matthew

Matthew Xie is a Software Engineer in Android Group of Google Inc

and this link too, to a HTC dev meetup during Google I/O: HTC on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and OpenGL ES 3.0 - The San Francisco Android User Group (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87