HTC Car Dock and Car Home Ultra

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using the official HTC car dock with car home ultra? The stock car app will auto launch but can't get Car home ultra to. I have used this app on my last three phones and never had this issue. Anyone else seeing this?

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Same issue for me too - I'm using bluetooth to auto launch the app when it pairs with my car as a work around.
I am using a different dock (the iBolt xProDock for the Droid DNA that I got from Verizon, which is the same as the iBolt one for all HTC phones, but does not include the cable and usually is $10 less) and have had issues with getting it to auto launch the HTC Car app and the iBolt Car dock app which I am using now. I have been using the app called "Car Mode Control" by IG88 Apps to force it to go into Car Mode. This app has not been updated for a while, but seems to work for me unlike IG88 Apps actual Car Dock app. Car Mode Control allows you to set the default app to launch when going into Car Mode. I actually like the iBolt Car dock app for the most part and it is currently free.

Most of the time when I unplug from the dock the Car Mode quits, but not every time. Then I have to go to the notification bar and select the item to exit Car Mode. Not sure why it is sensing on unplug, but not plug in?

Be aware that I have heard when the HTC One gets upgraded to 4.2.2 that Car Mode may stop working at all since Google removed this feature from android 4.2.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I am using a different dock (the iBolt xProDock for the Droid DNA that I got from Verizon, which is the same as the iBolt one for all HTC phones, but does not include the cable and usually is $10 less) and have had issues with getting it to auto launch the HTC Car app and the iBolt Car dock app which I am using now. I have been using the app called "Car Mode Control" by IG88 Apps to force it to go into Car Mode. This app has not been updated for a while, but seems to work for me unlike IG88 Apps actual Car Dock app. Car Mode Control allows you to set the default app to launch when going into Car Mode. I actually like the iBolt Car dock app for the most part and it is currently free.

Most of the time when I unplug from the dock the Car Mode quits, but not every time. Then I have to go to the notification bar and select the item to exit Car Mode. Not sure why it is sensing on unplug, but not plug in?

Be aware that I have heard when the HTC One gets upgraded to 4.2.2 that Car Mode may stop working at all since Google removed this feature from android 4.2.

Why did Google remove it? Was it so third party devs could build upon it? Either way that has to be the most idiotic thing Google has done in a while. I do know though, the new Gsearch updates killed good usability with Bluetooth headsets and removing them makes it work much better. Crazy I know, but it seems Google doesn't want anything to do with hands free whatsoever unless it involves Google Now and it doesn't support Bluetooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty