How do you configure the light up settings for the home/back keys?

clouser

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I am sitting here in the dark, and the keys still will not light up for me to find them on the phone and it is driving me crazy. On rare occasion I will see them randomly light up, so I assume it's a config issue and not a defect. On my sgs2 I could configure them to always stay on, turn off after 10 sec, etc. I can't find any such option. Any thoughts?

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where the settings are but if you need them to light up, cover the 2 little holes to the left of the top speaker with your finger and they will light up

clouser

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Blocking the light sensor did work, so I know there is no defect... I just don't understand why we cannot adjust the sensitivity then. This morning I was lying in bed with the shades drawn, and the room was pitch black. Not only did the keys not light up, but if I turned on auto brightness ,it set the phone to 75% brightness! It was like staiting at the sun.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a setting or not, maybe tied into another setting like screen brightness...I've kinda gotten used to where they are and don't have much trouble hitting them, couple of times I've needed them I've covered sensor....sorry

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I was in a Sprint store yesterday for this issue. Not that they knew much, but they say it's a software issue and there should be an update coming out in the next couple of weeks that might fix it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch