Worth the switch? Need Help!

DJock93

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
All,

I'm a Verizon customer and I just picked up the Droid DNA off-contract a week ago. I hate my life now that I can't unlock or S-Off because Verizon sucks - coming from a GNex is even worse since I flashed all the time on it. Question is, is it worth it to make the switch to AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint to pick up the HTC One? On the off chance Verizon does pick it up it'll probably have the bootloader locked anyway.

I have an upgrade on my Verizon line in August and I've been holding out hope that the next Nexus will come to Verizon but that's probably unrealistic as well. Is the One worth a switch to a new provider? FWIW I leave in South Jersey near Philly so anywhere I go will most likely get service from any provider. Also, I wouldn't incur a ETF from Verizon because I'm on my parent's line and would just wait till that's out to cancel if I switched today..Help!

Also, does ATT have a monthly no contract like T-Mo where you pay monthly installments on the phone price?

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Switch. Verizon is horrible for so many reasons. I've loved ATT ever since I switched from Verizon. For what it's worth, if you wait and wait and hope that "X" phone is coming to big red, then you'll more often than not just be waiting, and waiting, and waiting... That's the whole reason I left.

As for T-mo. They suck. Don't bother. 1) that monthly installment plan deal? Just get a freaking credit card. It's about the same thing. You'll have to pay it off either way. 2) It's credit dependent-- if your credit sucks, you won't be able to do the installment plan anyway. 3) If you upgrade every two years (or more) then t-mo isn't a good deal. It's only a good deal if you DON'T upgrade every two, and wait longer between upgrades. That isn't most people. 4) It's ESPECIALLY a bad deal to get t-mo if there's any chance of a discount on a regular carrier, e.g. you work at Coca-cola, Walgreens, are military, a college student, etc.

Att does not have an installment plan at this time-- that does not mean it won't be an option in the future. Also, see number 1.

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I switched to T- Mobile from Verizon. I put 280 down on the phone. I only have $300 left to pay off in monthly installments. They want minimum $12 a month. Then if another hot phone comes out down the line, I can sell the One, which is a long shot since its so great and not have to pay premium on whatever the new device is. I like T- Mobile's new system.

My service has been great. Data is fast. No dropped calls and no one telling me they can't hear me. I've been able to get service in areas that I couldn't with Verizon. I'll never lock myself in a two year contract ever again. No regrets switching to T-Mobile.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This question can only be answered by you or someone near you who can tell you how good AT&T,Stint or T-Mobile are, remember Verizon got to be number 1 by investing heavily in there networks what works good for some may not work good for others if all you want is a better android device buy a tablet or an unlocked smartphone but switching providers could be trouble

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

Last edited: