HTC ONE for Business

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else tried to use the ONE for business? I love this phone so much, but it kills me that it closes apps. The bad thing is if you haven't saved something it is lost. Which sucks when filling out forms. Also, is you are using an app that you take pictures to fill out forms. The pictures are saved to the phone instead of just the app. As of now, I am using a GS4 for business and then switching my sim to use the HTC ONE for pleasure. This is not an ideal setup, but I guess it works.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I think there is some misunderstanding you have about the phone. The One behaves just like the S4 in regards to apps staying open and closing, etc. If you want to go back to an app that you were just using, double-tap on the Home button and a list of the nine most recent apps will come up on the screen for you to choose from. You can easily and quickly switch back and forth between apps this way.

Also, in the web browser, you can have multiple windows/tabs open at the same time and switch back and forth between them too. To do it, swipe down the screen so that the menu bar appears along the top. Then press on the little rectangular box with a number in it. This will bring up the open browser tabs/windows. Swipe left and right to get to the one you want and then tap on it to bring it forward to use.

Hope that helps explain things a little.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know how to multitask and have had both phones since they launched. The HTC ONE does close apps and will restart them. The problem is is your are filling out forms, the information in that app is gone when it restarts the app. The S4 does not do this, you can literally go hours with same app open without it restarting. I love the HTC ONE and believe in most aspects it is superior to the S4, but not with multitasking. I hope HTC fixes this issue. The bad thing is for most people it will not affect them, so I am unsure if they will even recognize it as a problem.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Stop the insanity of switching SIMs. Yikes! That is not necessary. :)

Further clarification... there is nothing in regards to "business" that the S4 can do that the One can't. All of the things that you are describing that you do with the S4 can be done with the One just as easily and capably. It is just a matter of you learning how to do it on the One instead of the S4. So, if you like the One over the S4, then you can use it exclusively and get rid of the S4.

Apps "stay open" on the One just like they do on the S4. The thing about where pics are saved is virtually the same on the S4 and the One.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The HTC ONE does close apps and will restart them. The problem is is your are filling out forms, the information in that app is gone when it restarts the app. The S4 does not do this, you can literally go hours with same app open without it restarting. I love the HTC ONE and believe in most aspects it is superior to the S4, but not with multitasking. I hope HTC fixes this issue. The bad thing is for most people it will not affect them, so I am unsure if they will even recognize it as a problem.

This is not the experience I have had with the phone. The S4 and One both have the same about of RAM too, so they have essentially the same capabilities for keeping apps active and running.

I switch between running apps on my One all of the time. It does not "quit" the apps as you describe.

There is something odd going on for you perhaps. :-\

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Thought just occurred to me... Which browser are you using? Maybe the behavior of Chrome verses the default browser is what you are actualy noticing. Are you using Chrome on the S4 and the default browser on the One? You can use Chrome on the One just like you can on the S4. In fact, it comes pre-installed on the phone if I recall correctly. Try using Chrome as your browser on the One and see if that addresses your problem. Or other way around.