4.2 jelly bean in 2 weeks

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I came across an article on blink feed.
A HTC developer confirmed that the HTC ONE will be updating to 4.2 in about 2-3 weeks.

Hmm.. good thing or bad thing ?
Considering 4.3 will be coming out soon

Posted via Android Central App

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I had some time to play around with 4.2 with my old Nexus..and while I miss the tiles in the notification shade, I remember people saying it was still rather buggy, which is what I anticipate 4.3 to be, buggy at release. 4.2 has been out awhile now and hopefully some of those bugs will be worked out..Good thing I say!

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
May I ask how we know 4.3 will be out soon? I thought there was no 4.3 announcement so we don't know when it what the next android version will be.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

ChappersUK

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably the odd one out here, but I don't mind waiting a while for updates to arrive - my experience with the Nexus range is that although you get the latest updates straight away, you are often either having some bugs issues in the OS, and/or waiting for apps to catch up with them as well.

das borgen

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably the odd one out here, but I don't mind waiting a while for updates to arrive - my experience with the Nexus range is that although you get the latest updates straight away, you are often either having some bugs issues in the OS, and/or waiting for apps to catch up with them as well.

that is why I usually never adopt new tech right away...Or buy a car of the 1st model year of a given generation :)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
To tell the truth I'll believe this rumor when I see it. For HTC sake I hope they cam push 4.2.2 out quickly but I won't hold my breath.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If HTC sends it out in 2 weeks, I assume that means international and the developer editions, how much longer for carrier updates?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If HTC sends it out in 2 weeks, I assume that means international and the developer editions, how much longer for carrier updates?

From my experience this varies by carrier. T-Mobile should be around a month or so. AT&T should be 1-2 months. Sprint about the same. Verizon 1-2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
From my experience this varies by carrier. T-Mobile should be around a month or so. AT&T should be 1-2 months. Sprint about the same. Verizon 1-2 years.

Verizon doesn't have the phones yet :p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Lol so true.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
May I ask how we know 4.3 will be out soon? I thought there was no 4.3 announcement so we don't know when it what the next android version will be.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

You're right. We don't even know when 4.3 will be released. I guess I was just under the impression that it would be soon haha

Posted via Android Central App

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't have the phones yet :p

Was just an in general statement. They'll get the One in six to eight months and charge six times as much as the other carriers, then the Verizon logo printing surcharge.