What would cause my phone to go crazy like this?

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Overall I am getting decent battery life with my One. However, every few days a bunch of apps exceed their threshold all at once. it doesn't seem to bother the battery, but I am curious as to what would cause this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-03-21-08-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-03-21-08-48.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 108

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Um. No. That isn't right. I would start deleting apps that you installed about the time this started cause you might have a rogue app. Also, might want to install Lookout and see if you got malware. If those don't work, I'd wipe that sucker clean.

EDIT:

What app icon is that on the very far left of the notification tray? It looks like a dog. I bet that app right there is the problem....

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Um. No. That isn't right. I would start deleting apps that you installed about the time this started cause you might have a rogue app. Also, might want to install Lookout and see if you got malware. If those don't work, I'd wipe that sucker clean.

EDIT:

What app icon is that on the very far left of the notification tray? It looks like a dog. I bet that app right there is the problem....

The dog is from Watchdog Lite app. It's what monitors cpu usage and generated these message. I have Lookout installed and don't have any problems. Again, I'm not having any battery life problems, I'm more curious why this happens on occasion. No need to wipe the phone clean.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ah. Then it's just the watchdog app giving you information that apps and services are above the threshold for some unknown reason. I wouldn't worry about it.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ah. Then it's just the watchdog app giving you information that apps and services are above the threshold for some unknown reason. I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree. If this is an app giving you info that doesn't seem to impact use or usefulness, then it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about.

Is there a reason you're using this app? Are there other similar apps available? Might be interesting to see what those report for the sake of comparison.

Posted via Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Can you alter the pre-set "threshold"? I wonder if it's set low and so the apps are often exceeding the limit. Maybe it's an unrealistic limit that needs to be adjusted.

I don't know anything about the app though so i'm just taking a stab in the dark.

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Great question... unless you're trying to trouble shoot something specific, those apps are a huge waste of time/space/energy.
I was originally trying to track some battery usage problems, but all is working well now. I guess I'll disable it and save it if I ever need it in the future.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I was originally trying to track some battery usage problems, but all is working well now. I guess I'll disable it and save it if I ever need it in the future.

That's when those apps are useful :p But, just like bad mal-ware apps, they like to over-identify issues so they seem relevant.