Looking for a screen protector - clear vs. matte

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I've never used a screen protector before and I'm looking at the BodyGuardz series but I'm not sure which is best. In a perfect world, I'd prefer not to use one at all; that is, I love the screen as is and want as little change as possible.

I don't really notice enough (or really any) glare such that I feel matte is super necessary. However, if the clear version actually creates glare, perhaps the matte is necessary? Unfortunately, there are no user reviews on either the AC Store or Amazon :( Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a cheap $10 from AT&T and I don't notice anymore glare with a clear screen protector on my phone. It still does amazing outside in the sun!

freshtojeff

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
+1 for SGP, since i've tried them I second they probably are the best (plus it isn't a wet application which is a +1 in my book). Since you like the feel of the screen and glass I would definitely go with a clear opposed to matte. I never did like the matte feel anyway, fingerprints on the clear is just as much as it would be with a screen so a simple wipe eliminates that. Try these out

HTC One Screen Protector Steinheil - ONE - HTC - Cell Phones | SPIGEN SGP
Amazon if you prefer there,
Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP HTC ONE 2013 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal] [2-PACK] Front Screen Protector / HTC One M7 Screen Protector: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you want to try something cheaper, since application might take some time to get it nicely done try these out. They are dirty cheap and you get 3. I've used them on my nexus 7 and the quality is there, it isn't as thick as the spigen but I won't argue as it does its job.

Amazon.com: amFilm Premium Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for HTC One (3 Pack) [Lifetime Replacement Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
IMO the Spigen protector is a little too thick, stops the capacitive buttons working properly (although I've heard an update will fix this) and sits a little higher than the top and bottom speaker grills which kinda bothered me

Terb

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Spigen gets my vote.
I had a matte, pulled it off as fast a Spigen to ship me a clear.

Posted via Android Central App Using My Galaxy S4

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies:) Looks like I'll be trying the clear Spigen then. If that doesn't work, I'll give the clear BodyGuardz a spin.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall