How is the black One holding up?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen a whole lot about how the black is holding up in the wild. I have a silver One and couldn't be happier with how well it's wearing. I need to replace mine though and might go with black, but are they wearing well?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a second camera right this second to post photo's but i will tomorrow.

Background: I do use the Poetic Palatte case only when i'm at work (construction) with a holster. Soon as i hit the seat of my truck i take the case off. I was a bit worried that the continuous on and off's would wear the black down but so far so good. I dont use a screen protector either.

I've had my phone for 4 weeks now and it looks like new. Couple heart stopping falls too with no marks 2 with case on and one with the case off. Slipped my phone into my back pocket...outside of my pocket straight to the ground EEK

I almost feel foolish how much i like this phone. Every day when the case comes off i think damn what a nice phone lol. Photo's tomorrow

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I heard that black is more prone to chips and scratches than silver is, and that's because of the black coating HTC uses over the aluminium body, so I believe that silver is more durable than black, but of course I am not sure. I have a silver one as well.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard that black is more prone to chips and scratches than silver is, and that's because of the black coating HTC uses over the aluminium body, so I believe that silver is more durable than black, but of course I am not sure. I have a silver one as well.

The silver isn't any more durable than the black is. The black MAY show the wear and chips/scratches more as there's shiny metal underneath. The metal colored one won't show the metal colored nicks and stuff as easily as the black will.

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Using the black one since 5 weeks now.. no scratches/chips issue.. using it without any covers.. i just make sure that i don't keep anything else in my pocket which holds ONE.. Black is a bit of finer print magnet but a simple handkerchief wipes them off very easily so shouldn't be a big deal...
Overall loving the device.. In fact my 1st device was a Silver one which i got replaced after 3days for gaps issue.. and i picked up this black one.. frankly i like black more than silver in hand.. That's my personal opinion.

flexfield

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have both black and silver and the stealth black looks good.... really good. I'd pick the black in an instant!

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the silver and I have the black one and I've had mine for about a 10 days with no issues and my wifes since launch day and no issues wither both have distronic you case too.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

Last edited:

Jim Seth

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen a whole lot about how the black is holding up in the wild. I have a silver One and couldn't be happier with how well it's wearing. I need to replace mine though and might go with black, but are they wearing well?

Thanks

I was using white iphone 5 coze everyone said that black is more prone to scuff and nicks, but to my surprise black htc one is holding up very good no scuffs, nicks so far, and I am using Momax case (as that is one of case where you can get sim card slot opening) with no screen protector.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Using the black one since 5 weeks now.. no scratches/chips issue.. using it without any covers.. i just make sure that i don't keep anything else in my pocket which holds ONE.. Black is a bit of finer print magnet but a simple handkerchief wipes them off very easily so shouldn't be a big deal...
Overall loving the device.. In fact my 1st device was a Silver one which i got replaced after 3days for gaps issue.. and i picked up this black one.. frankly i like black more than silver in hand.. That's my personal opinion.

Who do you have service with? I called AT&T yesterday and after informing me that they had plenty of silver 64GB Ones in stock, the woman told me that unless the silver was out of stock, I couldn't switch to a black model. In the very next breath she told me that they were out of both. I asked if I would be able to get a black One since they were out of stock and I was stuck with a "broken" phone in the meantime. She told me that there was no way she could make that happen. My question to you is, how did you get them to let you switch?

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got a black one, and I haven't noticed any issues. Had the phone since May. It's in a case, and I've dropped it at least once, though no scratches to speak of so far.

Cheers!

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
One thing I hated about my black iPhone 5 was it did show scuffs easily. Unfortunately I couldn't swap for the white one.

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Who do you have service with? I called AT&T yesterday and after informing me that they had plenty of silver 64GB Ones in stock, the woman told me that unless the silver was out of stock, I couldn't switch to a black model. In the very next breath she told me that they were out of both. I asked if I would be able to get a black One since they were out of stock and I was stuck with a "broken" phone in the meantime. She told me that there was no way she could make that happen. My question to you is, how did you get them to let you switch?

I am using international unlocked version here in India.. no contract related hassles.. hence got exchanged at d shop directly from where I bought my ONE:)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

rajsmbhansali

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I am using international unlocked version here in India.. no contract related hassles.. hence got exchanged at d shop directly from where I bought my ONE:)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

slind1962

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had the black phone for about six weeks now. I have it in a leather style cover which protects front and back. Just as well because I dropped it in the car park and it saved the day. The phone looks great in black and is holding up well.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm still fighting the good fight. Based on what everyone here has told me, if AT&T will give in and let me have a black one I'm gonna do it.