Push email notifications on Wifi

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Is there a setting that I am missing. I am currently on Wifi in my home, and when the phone is sleeping, I do not receive any push notifications. Do I have to go into my router and open up a port?

I checked all my settings on the phone and they are all set to Smart Sync. Any other suggestions?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
If I am not mistaken (and I probably am), the device automatically turns Wi-Fi off when the device is sleeping, or at least when it is in 'deep sleep' mode. That could be the issue.

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
If I am not mistaken (and I probably am), the device automatically turns Wi-Fi off when the device is sleeping, or at least when it is in 'deep sleep' mode. That could be the issue.

Strange because I was getting notifications without wifi on through my network when in sleep mode. Since turning on wifi, I get nothing.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
That's the thing, I am saying I don't receive notifications with Wi-Fi while the device is sleeping either, it only does that with Mobile Data.

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Is this a bug? I would figure an advanced phone such as this one would be able to handle something like this. Any other phone I had in the past was able to push the emails without a hitch.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I believe the system was designed that way in order to conserve battery, but as I said above I am not absolutely sure. Hopefully someone can chime in and inform us with why that is happening. I couldn't find an option under settings to avoid Wi-Fi getting disabled why device is sleeping.

Player4

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem; with my email acounts (hotmail and gmail) I have to refresh each of the accounts in order to see new emails in my inbox. Perhaps I am not doing something right,, but can someone please tell me why this happens and how to change it?

Anyone else experience this?

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Under Settings, Accounts and Sync is "auto sync" set to on?

In that menu you can see the sync activity for each account and see what the different accounts are set to do. I have several Gmail accounts and an Exchange account and they all show email on my phone immediately (i.e. pushed). I can't really speak to other email providers though since I don't have other ones setup to see how they behave.

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Check the peak time settings in the email configuration. If I remember correctly, the default values are to not use push beyond 8:00pm and until 8:00am.

That was it! Thanks for all the help guys :thumbup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa