SOS Sorry to double thread, but it's a nasty doubt.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I received my supposedly unlocked black HTC One smartphone from Go4Computers through amazon, however, as I opened the contents, I noticed I didn't had the "usual" AC Adapter, I had the one used in Europe, the one with 1 vertical bar and two horizontal bars, this adapter doesn't work nor in my country nor in the USA as far as I know. Is it part of the contents of the "factory unlocked" to come with this adapter? Cause the one that works didn't came, this leads me to think it won't work on the 3G bands here, as the bands in Europe are also different, can someone please clear my head, it's quite uncomfortable to send a product back and forth and to make reclaims and everything to the seller, I just hope I'm not right and the AC adapter is part of the contents and the smartphone will work fine.

Thank you.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
If its international HTC one then it should work fine with 3G in your country

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Even internationally unlocked devices are shipping with different adapters according to the region they're sold in. If I remember correctly you made the purchase from Amazon US, and therefore the adapter you received should work in the United States (I know the one you're talking about, and it does work in the US), so you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If you bought the device from your country, for instance, it would be the exact same device but with a different AC adapter. T-Mobile sells the device with US adapter like yours but without earphones, so contents depend on region and carrier. Don't worry about it!

And why didn't you insert a sim card to try 3G and LTE yet?

EDIT: I just read the last post in your other thread. I realize that you meant they sent you a European adapter when they should have sent an American one (since it's from Amazon US). I guess that's weird, but then again you can just buy a small conversion adapter in order for it to work properly in your country/region. Where are you located again?

I am talking about ones like these:

EU_Travel_Adapter_AC_Power_Plug_Convert_AU_US_UK_to_EU_Plug.jpg

eu-to-us-adapter-converter-01.jpg

Of course which one you buy depends on your adapter and wall port.

The most important thing right now is to make sure LTE works fine where you live. 3G will work fine since it's an unlocked, international device therefore it should support all bands, however LTE is a different story. I do remember that we figured it works on your LTE band since it was in the Q&A section of the product details.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Even internationally unlocked devices are shipping with different adapters according to the region they're sold in. If I remember correctly you made the purchase from Amazon US, and therefore the adapter you received should work in the United States (I know the one you're talking about, and it does work in the US), so you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If you bought the device from your country, for instance, it would be the exact same device but with a different AC adapter. T-Mobile sells the device with US adapter like yours but without earphones, so contents depend on region and carrier. Don't worry about it!

And why didn't you insert a sim card to try 3G and LTE yet?

EDIT: I just read the last post in your other thread. I realize that you meant they sent you a European adapter when they should have sent an American one (since it's from Amazon US). I guess that's weird, but then again you can just buy a small conversion adapter in order for it to work properly in your country/region. Where are you located again?

I am talking about ones like these:

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/15091...AC_Power_Plug_Convert_AU_US_UK_to_EU_Plug.jpg

http://img1.buyincoins.com/gallery/eu-to-us-adapter-converter-01.jpg

Of course which one you buy depends on your adapter and wall port.

The most important thing right now is to make sure LTE works fine where you live. 3G will work fine since it's an unlocked, international device therefore it should support all bands, however LTE is a different story. I do remember that we figured it works on your LTE band since it was in the Q&A section of the product details.

Guess you saved my life once again, I haven't had the time to go to buy the sim to the carrier store, it has a lot of people usually so it's time consuming, indeed, will test a converter, I'm hoping it doesn't damage the battery. About the LTE, I pressed the down and power button keys, and got into a boot thing (I'm a noob, not sure what part, bootloader I believe) then I saw that it said in the upper part some numbers then UL, and according to the link provided it should work with LTE, then I just pressed recovery not knowing what that is and had to turn it off cause I don't know what happens if you do that. Still having problems with the music though, guess I'll pay some damn app to sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress