dropped my HTC One

chrisfl1963

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone and it hit the top right corner and cracked my screen. About 1/2 in crack. On a angle. Thought the screen was tougher than that. Calling HTC later today to see what can be done.

Posted via Android Central App

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my phone and it hit the top right corner and cracked my screen. About 1/2 in crack. On a angle. Thought the screen was tougher than that. Calling HTC later today to see what can be done.

Posted via Android Central App

Drop damage is pretty random. Haven't dropped my One yet. I intentionally tried to shatter my iPhone 5's screen by dropping it onto concrete; it finally broke after about a dozen five or six foot drops. Someone else can drop their iPhone 5 one time from two feet and get the same damage. It's so random.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped mine a dozen times and have no issues. But I've never dropped it solid on a corner. Regardless, it's still glass. Glass cracks and shatters.

losergeek

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mine (well, technically knocked it off the couch) and it fell about 3 feet on to hardwood floor on it's corner and it completely shattered (like worse then any phone I've ever seen). Got an estimate of 225$ from HTC canada and expect to get it back this week sometime. All of that being said, when I did research into cracked screens and repairs, there does not seem to be a lot of reports of broken screens for HTC One compared to other phones, so I'm assuming mine was a exception.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine months ago. Screen cracked from about a 3 foot fall in a gravel parking lot. Not bad enough that I'll fix it but just another person pointing out it is random and it can definitely happen. To most I'm sure my crack would be bad enough to get fixed.

Posted via HTC ONE with a cracked screen.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
That's why you protect your phone with a case. Mine took about a 7-8 foot fall today onto an asphalt parking lot. Luckily, I have it in an Otterbox Defender so it didn't get hurt a bit.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GoldenWarr

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Recently sent in my One with a broken screen. They received it two days ago, and I have yet to receive a quote from them. The repair tracking also shows no progress. Hopefully you have better luck than I have with the repair.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's why you protect your phone with a case. Mine took about a 7-8 foot fall today onto an asphalt parking lot. Luckily, I have it in an Otterbox Defender so it didn't get hurt a bit.

Or I go naked and don't drop it and it doesn't get hurt ;).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought insurance from WorthAveGroup. Cheap and only $50.00 deductible. My daughter cracked her screen after only a 3 foot drop to a tile floor. Since the screen is not repairable thru 3rd party vendors, they sent me a check within 10 days for $549.00. I was able to replace the One for $499.00 after getting luck on Ebay. I highly recommend WorthAveGroup.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel for you! I have only dropped my s3 last year one time. The uag case saved it! This is why I cover my HTC one!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
CNET did some "torture" tests that led me to believe this thing is unbreakable. They threw it out of a moving car, dipped it in water, cooked it on a grill....and it still worked. Tough luck. I had an incident where my headphone cord got caught on a piece of exercise equipment, resulting my One slamming screen first at just about full speed (pendulum style) against said exercise equipment. I was shocked to see that it wasn't even scratched.

As somebody else said, it's just tough luck :(

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Otterbox Defender!! The ONLY way I carry a phone. I know the minute I decide to go naked...my luck would be that I drop it onto pavement while I'm walking and accidentally kick it 30 feet under a moving car....but as long as I have had a defender on my phones, I have never dropped one but I will never get to complacent or comfortable to go naked...

bobavader

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine took a 6 foot drop onto concrete, face down. It actually bounced, hitting multiple corners. It ended up with a minor scrape on the bottom right corner, which is noticeable since I have the black version. But, not even the slightest scratch on the glass. At that moment I was very thankful that I did not opt for the GS4. That drop would have done some serious damage to that plastic bodied phone.

chrisfl1963

May 25, 2011
Visit site
They told me it would run from $125 up to $180. I told them that I could buy a new phone for that. I would just keep it the way it is.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
worthless.gif