gaps still present in current batches

swimmaholic

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah mine has one but I don't really mind too much. It would be a different story if it was on the sides. My biggest complaints about the phone are lack of quick charge and recessed power button.

Posted via Android Central App

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine has one but I don't really mind too much. It would be a different story if it was on the sides. My biggest complaints about the phone are lack of quick charge and recessed power button.

Don't you find that the recessed power button keeps you from accidentally powering up your phone? I agree with the slow charging time...I guess I was lucky....I have a zero gap HTC One! Don't think it'd make a bit of difference if it did have one...just my 2 cents!

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
With no pictures to go by, I have to question the op's truthfulness and motive! My one has no gaps whatsoever and works perfectly!

TAPATALKIN FROM MY HTC ONE, USING THE NOW NETWORK!

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Rowdy - could not agree more. Finally some sense lol!
Except it's not the same. A dent would be damage. This is a small cosmetic defect. To carry our car analogy, it's more like a small 1" swatch of paint is ever so slightly lighter than the rest of the paint. It makes zero difference to the way the car drives, behaves, and barely to how it looks (you'd have to be looking for it to notice it), and wasn't done out of some major flaw in the design. It's just an extremely minor cosmetic defect.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My buddy didn't have his S4 today.. He is using an old evo so he can have Wimax at work (he is on Sprint and can't take the 3g lol).

Here is a better pic though. No gap for me.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1375212099184.jpg
    1375212099184.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 72

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's the problem: those WITH a gap have a super great device. It does not affect usage, case fitting, or anything. Most people, without posts like this, would never even know or think about the gap. They would just happily use their phone. It's like the "light leakage" on the Evo, "Oreo twist" on the Palm Pre, or current "lag issues" on the S4. In a VERY few, select cases these issues would impact use of the phone. But in 99.99% of phones, it's a minor cosmetic, or in the case of the S4 usage, non-issue.

This is exactly why I appreciate this entire thread. Yes, to some it is not a big deal. And you're right, I wouldn't have ever noticed if I hadn't read this. Which is why I am grateful for it. Now I know to watch for it from the get-go and to be sure I do not end up with something that could potentially irritate me AFTER my return period has ended. Thanks OP for pointing this out. Sorry to any One owners that this thread has upset, but as a potential buyer I appreciate this info.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You hit the nail right on the head. Zero gap does not mean that there isn't ANY small crack in the body it simply means the way the phone is made its one piece of aluminum on the back.
Part of the problem is people, some people are so picky with ocd that they look at anything that could not make a device perfect then complain about it. Yes my phone is very slightly raised in the top part of the phone if I run my finger over it. I don't really notice it and have a case on most of the time. It doesn't affect performance in the least and is still a beautiful device.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've seen a LOT of complaints on these forums that I just shake my head at. But this isn't one of them for one MAJOR reason. When the HTC One first got announced, the major draw was about how premium it was externally and how much better it was constructed than the S4. If I am going to settle for less than pristine build quality, then I will just get the S4 which has more overall features even though I wont use most of them. There was the massive battle between S4 and One users about build quality, and One users always made fun of S4 users for justifying the aspects of their build quality that fell short of perfection. Now someone mentions an issue with the build on the One, and people downplay it like the S4 users always do.

A huge internet pet peeve of mine is when people want it both ways. Either the One is made perfectly or it isn't. OP isn't trolling just because he found an issue that was a problem for him. All phones will have some defect. If we never bought anything in search of perfection, no one would have phones. But in this case, this particular flaw bothered him and that doesn't make it trolling just because he put up a warning light to other potential buyers.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
With no pictures to go by, I have to question the op's truthfulness and motive! My one has no gaps whatsoever and works perfectly!

TAPATALKIN FROM MY HTC ONE, USING THE NOW NETWORK!

Google it, the gap issues are well documented and not new news.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly why I appreciate this entire thread. Yes, to some it is not a big deal. And you're right, I wouldn't have ever noticed if I hadn't read this. Which is why I am grateful for it. Now I know to watch for it from the get-go and to be sure I do not end up with something that could potentially irritate me AFTER my return period has ended. Thanks OP for pointing this out. Sorry to any One owners that this thread has upset, but as a potential buyer I appreciate this info.

You are very welcome

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been cleaned up. There will be no more calling of trolls in this thread. If you don't like or agree with a post, report it or ignore it. Don't post just to bring a thread down and then justify your "flaming."

Also, ganging up on users who you don't agree with, especially when they are handling it appropriately and maturely, is completely uncalled for.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just to add...HTC never said the speaker grills were zero gap, only the back and white plastic sides.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your phone does look like it does not have any gap which is awesome.

Yep. It's nice... But I have heard about what you posted.. Some people did have a gap.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd pass on it too if it had a gap. It's like buying a new car with a dent in it. Used car = ok. New car = not ok.

Then you are not paying good attention. A lot of "new" cars often have cosmetic issues from the factory let alone from them sitting outside, being sat on and everything poked at by potential customers, drive tested, constant detailing, and more.

Lastly OP you are not OCD. I doubt anyone in this thread is indeed suffering from OCD. Maybe I should raise a rant thread regarding you using the word OCD, which has an actual real world impact. I think it's a disorder that gets downplayed because of people's misconception, and blatant use of the disorder as a trivial matter.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This **** cracks me up. A "battle"? Seriously?! Some people have too much free time.

I think most who viewed those threads 3 months ago would know exactly what I'm talking about. What's the purpose of saying it wasn't?

Don't quote me just to attack. If you have something to ADD, please do so. Clearly One owners and S4 owners were constantly at each others throats. So much so, that the AC staff created an entire thread multiple times to calm the rage. Or they participated heavily in already created threads. That doesn't happen often.