Notification for SMS does not work -- please help!

JayceeCT

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Just in the past week I have stopped receiving notifications for SMS on my HTC One. The messages are there, but neither the flag nor the LED appear, and no sound. It worked fine up until a few days ago. I get other notifications for e-mail, etc., and alarms. All sound settings work. I have tried a hard boot, and it will come back for a short time, then disappear again. I do not have Go loaded. I have not loaded any new apps recently.

Aside from personal use, I count on being able to respond to work-related texts promptly. . Any help is greatly appreciated!

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to discredit you or anything but maybe you accidentally messed with the messaging settings? Or you can at least check it out to make sure the right settings are checked

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

JayceeCT

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your response. Trust me, I'm willing to be discredited if it leads to a resolution. I've checked my SMS notification settings. All are good to go. Receive notification, play sound, show preview, vibrate, etc. None of that happens when a message is received.

Any additional suggestions are welcomed!

adeath

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Go into Settings, Apps and find the messaging app you're using. Make sure sure the "show notifications" box is checked at the top.

MCory

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Exact same thing happened to me last week. Two days ago, I finally gave in and performed full factory reset. That seemed to fix it - but for how long? It's a larger concern for me because this is how I receive "pages" from work (I'm in tech support). Hoping someone will find the answer soon.

JayceeCT

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I think I fixed it. Adeath, I stand corrected. I didn't realize my messages had switched to going through an app. I remember getting a text from AT&T last week regarding a new messaging service that would allow me to send and receive texts from phone, computer, tablet. I ignored it because I wasn't interested in doing that, but when I checked my apps list, I saw that the app (AT&T Messages) was indeed installed. When I went to it and checked "receive notification," my notification began to work again. Sheesh, AT&T! Thanks a lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty