Just in the past week I have stopped receiving notifications for SMS on my HTC One. The messages are there, but neither the flag nor the LED appear, and no sound. It worked fine up until a few days ago. I get other notifications for e-mail, etc., and alarms. All sound settings work. I have tried a hard boot, and it will come back for a short time, then disappear again. I do not have Go loaded. I have not loaded any new apps recently.

Aside from personal use, I count on being able to respond to work-related texts promptly. . Any help is greatly appreciated!
    09-06-2013 10:21 AM
    I don't want to discredit you or anything but maybe you accidentally messed with the messaging settings? Or you can at least check it out to make sure the right settings are checked

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    09-06-2013 10:24 AM
    Thank you for your response. Trust me, I'm willing to be discredited if it leads to a resolution. I've checked my SMS notification settings. All are good to go. Receive notification, play sound, show preview, vibrate, etc. None of that happens when a message is received.

Any additional suggestions are welcomed!
    09-06-2013 03:43 PM
    Go into Settings, Apps and find the messaging app you're using. Make sure sure the "show notifications" box is checked at the top.
    09-06-2013 04:18 PM
    I'm not using an external or third-party app for messaging -- just what came with the device.
    09-07-2013 09:26 AM
    Exact same thing happened to me last week. Two days ago, I finally gave in and performed full factory reset. That seemed to fix it - but for how long? It's a larger concern for me because this is how I receive "pages" from work (I'm in tech support). Hoping someone will find the answer soon.
    09-07-2013 10:10 AM
    Okay. I think I fixed it. Adeath, I stand corrected. I didn't realize my messages had switched to going through an app. I remember getting a text from AT&T last week regarding a new messaging service that would allow me to send and receive texts from phone, computer, tablet. I ignored it because I wasn't interested in doing that, but when I checked my apps list, I saw that the app (AT&T Messages) was indeed installed. When I went to it and checked "receive notification," my notification began to work again. Sheesh, AT&T! Thanks a lot!
    09-07-2013 10:38 AM