Hello,

Got my phone on Monday and everything works great, but not once have I gotten a notification about receiving a text message. There is no sound, no pop-up, and I don't see the text message Icon anywhere on the screen. Only way I can tell is by opening up the actual message app. I have tried most things so far. Checking and unchecking the notification settings mixed with turning the phone on and off.

I have downloaded Handcent SMS and gone through the same series of checks. If I do the test notification in Handcent SMS it works just fine, but when an actual text message comes in I get nothing still. Also, it works fine when it comes to notifications for emails. I looked around the internet and could not really find a solid answer to help me out. Hoping someone can give some advice or knows what the issue is. Thanks.
    09-18-2013 08:39 AM
    Hello,

Got my phone on Monday and everything works great, but not once have I gotten a notification about receiving a text message. There is no sound, no pop-up, and I don't see the text message Icon anywhere on the screen. Only way I can tell is by opening up the actual message app. I have tried most things so far. Checking and unchecking the notification settings mixed with turning the phone on and off.

I have downloaded Handcent SMS and gone through the same series of checks. If I do the test notification in Handcent SMS it works just fine, but when an actual text message comes in I get nothing still. Also, it works fine when it comes to notifications for emails. I looked around the internet and could not really find a solid answer to help me out. Hoping someone can give some advice or knows what the issue is. Thanks.
    Look through the text messaging app settings and see if there is anything to setup notifications for incoming messages, such as notification in the status bar, sounds, etc. It appears as though additional settings need to be set in order for the stock messaging app to display notifications for messages.
    09-18-2013 09:28 AM
    Made sure that everything was set correctly on the stock messaging app. When that didn't help I downloaded Handcent SMS to see if the stock app was the problem. It wasn't as I still am not getting message notifications using Handcent with everything set properly. The fact that when I do a test notification using Handcent I get exactly the notification I want suggests to me that it is a problem with the phone itself. I just have no idea how to fix it. Came here for suggestions as I don't want to have to take it back and exchange it considering I feel like there has to be an easier solution.
    09-18-2013 12:57 PM
    Just suddenly started working a few hours ago. Didn't make any changes to settings, but I did download Textra to try that app out. Some reason while I was messing with the app my Handcent SMS notifications started working. Hopefully it continues to work correctly.
    09-18-2013 02:53 PM