On hold

1stryker

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm having trouble using this phone. Maybe the phone is smarter than I am... But thought maybe I could ask you all. I made a call and was put on hold. When the phone went dark, as the screen timed out, I couldn't figure out how to wake it up. Pressed the power button and that hung up the call. The next time I just waited it out and the phone woke up when it started ringing, but hung up when they picked up. What is going on?
Thanks for any tips

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble using this phone. Maybe the phone is smarter than I am... But thought maybe I could ask you all. I made a call and was put on hold. When the phone went dark, as the screen timed out, I couldn't figure out how to wake it up. Pressed the power button and that hung up the call. The next time I just waited it out and the phone woke up when it started ringing, but hung up when they picked up. What is going on?
Thanks for any tips
Try pressing the volume buttons. That should wake the device. The device should sleep while in call unless a setting was changed. The proximity sensor would detect the screen near your face and turn off the screen to prevent accidental button presses. It should turn back on when the device is moved away from your face so you can interact with it.

1stryker

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll try the volume buttons,
But I've had issues where I turn on the speaker phone with my cheek while on the phone, so maybe that isn't working right. Are there any settings for it

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a case on the phone? I can't speak for the one but many cases throw off the proximity sensor. If you do have a case on remove it and see if it fixes your issue

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'll try the volume buttons,
But I've had issues where I turn on the speaker phone with my cheek while on the phone, so maybe that isn't working right. Are there any settings for it
I think the power button should work. You should try that again.

1stryker

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I can block the sensors with a credit card, while just checking it. Seems to work fine.
I don't know why I activate the speaker phone occasionally.

I had power button set to hang up call. Don't remember setting it that way, but I turned it off now, I guess I can use that to light up the screen again.

I appreciate the tips, thanks,

Now if I can just find a dialer I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87