It is still time to buy an HTC one ?

lurkerzz

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post in android central, before i registered in crackberry
as my topic says... it is still time to get and htc one?

I'm coming from an blackberry 9810 torch, the slider with keyboard, which had been useful for me for 1 year or so...
But lastly, the age is showing, and I need communications apps like skype, wechat, and "silence shooting camera",

Most of what I've do is typing and listening to voice msg... and talking in skype (like 2-3 hours a day mostly) and text messaging all the day
I've tried check onto the galaxy s4 because of the multi window capability which i'm highly interested in, but ... I don't want an s4 because everyone have it... but I have no other option, i think i'll get it, since it'll be useful for me to txt msg and have an open dictionary on the other screen to save me time...

But the htc review, the thing the interest me the most is the loudspeaker, and the FM radio, and also when i tried the htc vs the s4, i was able to write more proficiently on the one that on the galaxy, but i don't know if that's an software issue that I can resolve

Obviously, iphone is out of the question (I have an ipad and I don't like it that much)
Blackberry can't be because of other apps that I need to add

Plus, the other part is, syncing phone numbers, which used to dissappear on the blackberry(and I've read that the contacts are dissappearing on the newer z10 too, and dissappearing contacts is not an option..)

So.... yeah.. thanks for your reading and any positive input is appreciated

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,.... any positive input is appreciated
Whichever one you get, you may always wonder if you should have gotten the other one :>)
For me, I couldn't make up my mind between the S4 and the HTC One until I went to Costco and tried them out side by side.
I immediately chose the One over the S4. Just better, IMHO.
Play with both phones in the store and go with your gut feeling.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post in android central, before i registered in crackberry
as my topic says... it is still time to get and htc one?

I'm coming from an blackberry 9810 torch, the slider with keyboard, which had been useful for me for 1 year or so...
But lastly, the age is showing, and I need communications apps like skype, wechat, and "silence shooting camera",

Most of what I've do is typing and listening to voice msg... and talking in skype (like 2-3 hours a day mostly) and text messaging all the day
I've tried check onto the galaxy s4 because of the multi window capability which i'm highly interested in, but ... I don't want an s4 because everyone have it... but I have no other option, i think i'll get it, since it'll be useful for me to txt msg and have an open dictionary on the other screen to save me time...

But the htc review, the thing the interest me the most is the loudspeaker, and the FM radio, and also when i tried the htc vs the s4, i was able to write more proficiently on the one that on the galaxy, but i don't know if that's an software issue that I can resolve

Obviously, iphone is out of the question (I have an ipad and I don't like it that much)
Blackberry can't be because of other apps that I need to add

Plus, the other part is, syncing phone numbers, which used to dissappear on the blackberry(and I've read that the contacts are dissappearing on the newer z10 too, and dissappearing contacts is not an option..)

So.... yeah.. thanks for your reading and any positive input is appreciated

Well, coming from your device the One will seem like a brand new world for you.
It's a great device. The sound is excellent so this should help you.
Contacts disappearing never happens.
About typing I don't believe there is much difference between the One and the S4. And have in mind that there are many keyboard apps in Android that will help you.
I went to the One from a Palm Pre 2 with a physical keyboard. I still can't type correctly on the touch screen (I make enough mistakes) but word correction and prediction make me type very fast with no fuss. Swiftkey for example will help you.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One is a wonderful device, and will probably last you a year or two from now easily. It has a quad core processor and a 4.7 inch high definition screen and 2 GB of RAM. That is a luxurious spec list, my friend.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend the HTC One over the S4 also. I have both and the One seems to perform better all around. Faster, less lag, incredible screen, the sound can't be beat and it feels better in MY hand. Your best bet is to check both of them out. It all comes down to what you personally like.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You should check phones side by side and decide which one suit your needs...

FYI: HTC is having a black friday sale I think for 29.99 on contract....

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend the HTC One over the S4 also. I have both and the One seems to perform better all around. Faster, less lag, incredible screen, the sound can't be beat and it feels better in MY hand. Your best bet is to check both of them out. It all comes down to what you personally like.

Less lag is about right. Sense 5 is far better than TouchWiz.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

lurkerzz

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies my friends !

I was wondering, is there LED notification which I can change color ?
and also, the camera, can it be silenced ?? (I don't care about big camera megapixels, but good close pictures at night or day)
The contacts can be saved directly to the phone ?

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies my friends !

I was wondering, is there LED notification which I can change color ?
and also, the camera, can it be silenced ?? (I don't care about big camera megapixels, but good close pictures at night or day)
The contacts can be saved directly to the phone ?

not sure about the LED thing, but you can disable the camera sound of course.
if you like prime feel and special build quality, the ONE is the one for you.
also, if you appreciate SOUND, it's the only option ;)

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I use to be a blackberry user as well. Let me tell you upgrading to the HTC one is the best thing I've ever did. An amazing phone, you should definitely take advantage of the price on black Friday.

Posted via Android Central App

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The only issue is that what if HTC goes belly-up therefore ceasing support for all current HTC flagships

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree with lEssence.. I came from the world of blackberry my self this year and I got the HTC one 6 months ago.. I still very much enjoy using this phone as my daily driver.. Its great device and the specs live up to other flagships around.. This is my first Android phone and I couldn't be any happier with my decision!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter Sony sells hundreds of other tec products HTC doesn't have the line up Sony does, if HTC phones fail they are done, if Sony phones fail they still have everything else

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter Sony sells hundreds of other tec products HTC doesn't have the line up Sony does, if HTC phones fail they are done, if Sony phones fail they still have everything else

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

so WHAT? let's enjoy the wonderful device as long as it's here.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Sold my One last month to get an S4 because of purple camera issue (I didn't have a warranty)
Now 1 month later I want to switch again to One because of hardware feelings and of course Sense 5.5.
HTC M8 will not be in the shelves before April and price will be high so yes we still have at least 6 months before new flagships tempt us

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana