HTC or Samsung?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes the dock. Can't move them dude. My friend has had her S4 for a while now and found out she can't either (and then got very annoyed lol). Tried long pressing them from different screens and all that jazz. I think I read somewhere that some handsets on some carrier in the US could do it (I'm in Australia), but everyone else was locked out for some reason.

Try downloading a different launcher like Nova.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes the dock. Can't move them dude. My friend has had her S4 for a while now and found out she can't either (and then got very annoyed lol). Tried long pressing them from different screens and all that jazz. I think I read somewhere that some handsets on some carrier in the US could do it (I'm in Australia), but everyone else was locked out for some reason.

Err, not sure what was wrong with her phone then. I have a T-Mo S4 and I can move them around my long pressing them. Same with my cousin's and my mom's S4...

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
S4 is flimsy plastic, but a nice display. HTC One is a finely sculpted piece of art lol

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

The only part that's actually flimsy is the battery door. Don't know why you would even be bending the phone in the first place :p

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've owned both and while Samsung is a good company and make great televisions their phones are nowhere the calibre of the HTC's and iPhones. I've owned iPhones too and the HTC One is simply the best phone I've ever owned.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung did an excellent job when they introduced the S2. A great phone that had few rivals in my opinion and it shifted the market in their favor. Their marketing really helped get the steam roller going as well.

The S3 and 4 while still being good phones it feels like Samsung has let that edge slip a bit. When it comes to sales though their top of the heap.

I think LG is on the right path starting with the Optimus G and now upping their game with the G2.

I'm wondering about HTC? The One (which I have) put HTC back in contention. It's a really great phone to use. HTC needs to restore their name so they can't rest with the One, they need to hit it hard again with the One 2 and show furthered support with previous devices. I think their on the right path but this next phone better be special.

Always an htc fan

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Err, not sure what was wrong with her phone then. I have a T-Mo S4 and I can move them around my long pressing them. Same with my cousin's and my mom's S4...

Lol there's nothing "wrong" with her phone. They're all like that here (and I assume in other parts of the world possibly).

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol there's nothing "wrong" with her phone. They're all like that here (and I assume in other parts of the world possibly).

Considering I haven't seen anyone else have issues with that, I'd guess it might just be an isolated thing. Wouldn't make any sense for Samsung to not allow that

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Considering I haven't seen anyone else have issues with that, I'd guess it might just be an isolated thing. Wouldn't make any sense for Samsung to not allow that

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Last I read it was to do with a security flaw that samsung haven't bothered fixing (yet?). I think it affects other samsung devices too.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have an S3, my son got an S4 @ Christmas and my husband has the HTC One... the build, durability, speakers (external) and screen are awesome. Far outshines the Galaxy series. But, and this is a big deal breaker for me personally, my camera on my Galaxy S3 and my sons S4 takes far superior (especially indoor) pictures and video than the HTC One. The HTC One also doesn't have a removable battery (no extended battery option) or an external SD card.
I put a ton of music on my phone (it's my primary music device now) and need the extra space and it's replaced my point and shoot camera because of the incredible picture quality.
If those things are important to you really do your research. 32G sounds like a ton of space but with today's games/technology eating up more and more space it's really not. Dropbox helps to save space also and is a must for photo junkies.
I am jealous of my husband's speed. It's a snappy phone, and his phone is just more classy in my opinion. He's VERY happy with it but doesn't care about photos or music.
Just my 2 cents. And unless money is an issue, you'd be crazy to go buy either one now... wait, the best is yet to come for both phones! Good luck! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87