HTC One: android system draining battery

tashauphill

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My android system is using 90% and iam losing battery quickly .What could be causing this ...certain apps ? I have unistalled google now and stoped up location settings but still no change

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 7192.jpg
    7192.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 7193.jpg
    7193.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 63

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
No it doesnt im quite a heavy user

Posted via Android Central App

I think the best way to save battery (I found) is:

- Disable/Remove ALL un-used apps;
- Change sync settings to when open (I find using Snapdragon BatteryGuru is very effective)
- Use AutoMateIt/Tasker to make events trigger power saving actions.
- Minimise Widgets being used, as these require data to refresh
- If in poor reception, put phone into Airplane Mode (also when you're sleeping you do not really want calls anyway)

I achieve all of this with the following:

1- 2 Rules on AutoMateIt; when battery is less than 30% disable: sync, WiFi, 3/4G, set screen to 25% brightness, with 1 minute timeout and; If WiFi is idle/not connected, disable with a delay of 5 minutes.

2- Snapdragon on, with all programs set to sync when opened, not in background. Although some exceptions are made; Weather, Traffic and E-Mail.

3- I disable the stock SMS and use Hangouts (or vice versa), disable Mail and use G-Mail, disable all inbuilt notes, task and internet as we often use our own defaults etc.

All in all after doing this, I now can use my phone almost continually from 05:00am to 09:00pm and have 30-40% left.

These simple things help extend battery life considerable- although having apps like this run in the background can be just as draining.

HTC One M7

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Did your battery use suddenly start draining madly? Mine did that last year and I won't go into everything I did to help with battery use, but I will say nothing I tried helped. And I thoroughly researched the issue on the internet. What I finally had to do and the only thing that helped was doing a factory reset and system cache clear, which you can find out how to do by googling it. I suspected it was a bad app after an update that was causing the drain, but after resetting the phone and reinstalling the apps I never experienced the problem again. So I had to rule out an app and still have no idea what caused the problem.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the best way to save battery (I found) is:

- Disable/Remove ALL un-used apps;
- Change sync settings to when open (I find using Snapdragon BatteryGuru is very effective)
- Use AutoMateIt/Tasker to make events trigger power saving actions.
- Minimise Widgets being used, as these require data to refresh
- If in poor reception, put phone into Airplane Mode (also when you're sleeping you do not really want calls anyway)

I achieve all of this with the following:

1- 2 Rules on AutoMateIt; when battery is less than 30% disable: sync, WiFi, 3/4G, set screen to 25% brightness, with 1 minute timeout and; If WiFi is idle/not connected, disable with a delay of 5 minutes.

2- Snapdragon on, with all programs set to sync when opened, not in background. Although some exceptions are made; Weather, Traffic and E-Mail.

3- I disable the stock SMS and use Hangouts (or vice versa), disable Mail and use G-Mail, disable all inbuilt notes, task and internet as we often use our own defaults etc.

All in all after doing this, I now can use my phone almost continually from 05:00am to 09:00pm and have 30-40% left.

These simple things help extend battery life considerable- although having apps like this run in the background can be just as draining.

HTC One M7
Do you use the built-in power saver while using the snapdragon batteryguru because I just installed that app and don't know if they will conflict with each other?

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you use the built-in power saver while using the snapdragon batteryguru because I just installed that app and don't know if they will conflict with each other?
I'm also stock and unrooted,so I use greenify to hibernate all my apps,will this also be counterproductive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress