any battery saving app that work ?!

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have Juice Defender.

On a previous phone I noticed that the battery lasted significantly longer n Airplane mode, so obviously disabling the radio can help. So, I tried Juice Defender, which shuts down the communication and periodically turns it back on to allow syncs etc... It seems to give me more battery life. I paid for the Ultimate version to allow some additional customization.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru works extremely well... It throttles your apps based on your daily usage . You can also set some privileges manually. Give it a try, it's free from the people that made the processor.

I haven't used any other app, but I can vouch for this one!

Posted via Android Central App

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I used J.D. on my android 2.3 phone, but the program hasn't been updated in a while (not sure if it plays well with 4.4). I'm now using the Snapdragon one, but how about Deep Sleep (DS) Battery Saver? I'm trying that too...has anyone had luck with it?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru works extremely well... It throttles your apps based on your daily usage . You can also set some privileges manually. Give it a try, it's free from the people that made the processor.

I haven't used any other app, but I can vouch for this one!

+1! I can't be totally honest on how much battery life it will save you....However I installed it ages ago and my battery on my M7 is pretty nice. Give it a shot!

tashauphill

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
So far so good with ultimate battery juice defender , phone came off charge at 12:30 last night , now 5:30 with 42% battery

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
There are things you can do to help minimize battery drain (and lower data usage) in addition to apps.
Double click on the home button and a screen will appear with open apps. Flick them off the screen to close them. (The latest update to the One M7 has a button on that screen to close them all at once.)
Put the phone in the Power Saver Mode
Activate the Sleep Mode (under Battery Manager) to turn off data during long periods of inactivity.
Go to your Google Play Store and turn off auto updating of apps, update apps manually only when in WiFi.
Get rid of any redundant apps; those that might have been made obsolete by software updates.
Stop apps from constantly refreshing, change settings to only refresh when used. (Weather, news, etc.)
Minimize notifications (weather alerts, etc.)
Keep your GPS off until it is needed for an app like Waze or Maps (put a GPS widget on the screen for easy on/off)
Turn WiFi off when you know you won't be near wifi for a long time.
Of course, the screen is probably the biggest battery drainer, minimize brightness to an acceptable level.
Consider wearing a watch so you're not turning the phone on just to look at the time.
Any other ideas, anyone?
HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87