Why my screen digitizer stopped working suddenly?

Stuart Leal

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I was having trouble with my signal, so i decided to reboot my phone to see if the signal improved. I was working on something so i left my phone on the table a couple of minutes. When i came back my phone was asking me for the pin of the sim. I tried to enter it, but the touchscreen wasn't working. I thought maybe it was frozen or something. Then i tried to power off with the menu that comes up when you press the lock button, but again, it wasn't working. I have done soft reset, and hard reset so far, it is like factory new now, but again, touchscreen isn't working. I know the digitizer is broken and i must change it, but does someone knows what the **** happened?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about this--unfortunately, sometimes tech components unexpectedly fail. Since you already did a successful factory reset and it still doesn't work, it is unlikely to be a software issue.

How old is the device? Is it still under warranty? Contact HTC if it is.

Kristalb93

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue too. I'm assuming it's the digitizer. It happened suddenly. I set my phone to charge overnight, like any other night, and woke up with a strip of the screen unresponsive. I chatted with HTC reps and had a factory reset and entered safe mode along with a bunch of other crap. It turns out it isn't a bug and is most likely a hardware issue. The service I received was **** poor and not what I expected out of HTC. This isn't the only problem so I think I'll begin looking into another company.

Attachments

• 1416990062952.jpg
    1416990062952.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy