What is wrong with my phone/ phone charger?

Ryan_Hayden

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
This is the second time that it has happened with the stock HTC One (M7) Phone charger. When I plug my phone into a wall outlet, it acts as if it is plugged into a computer and then proceeds to "slow charge". I do not know what the issue is, but I have replaced the charger with another HTC stock charger within the past 4-6 months. My phone is about 1 year and 1 month old.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So did this happen to the original charger, and now it's happening to the replacement? What exactly did you replace--the wall plug only or the wall plug and the USB cable? If it was only the wall plug, then try a different USB cable as well.

Ryan_Hayden

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I replaced both the cord and the adapter, and yes, the same issue did happen with the last charger I had as well. The cord seems to be a tad loose within the socket of the phone, I don't know if that is a charger or phone issue. Also, before the "slow charge" kicks in, it says something about HTC Sync Manager even though it is connected to a wall outlet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you've narrowed the problem down to the actual microUSB port. You'll probably have to bring it to an HTC service center or an independent repair shop to replace it. I assume the phone is no longer under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress