Has anyone else taken advantage of the Verizon HTC One M7 for $200 on Best Buy deal?

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I recently started having problems with my G2 (this is my third G2) and I was wary of getting a third one. I saw that Best Buy was selling brand new, unlocked Verizon HTC One M7s (gray or blue - I got the blue one) for only $200 (although they charged me another $40 in state sales tax). It is a very nice handset, smaller than my G2 but also much smaller screen (5.2 vs 4.7) but just as nice. The boomsound is nice but it isn't something I use very often. This is a 2 year old flagship but rarely, if ever, do Verizon handsets ever get discounted at the replacement level - they are still selling Droid Maxx's for $599, etc. so to get a top notch handset without a contract is a great deal. This would be an excellent handset for use on their prepaid plans or on Page Plus (a Verizon MVNO that now has LTE). While the camera is disappointing (especially against the G2) having it work better as a phone (yes, I still use my phone for phone calls) will have to be the bigger factor for now. Considering it got immediately updated to Kit Kat 4.4.3 and Sense 6 as soon as I activated it and expecting Lollipop in the next couple of months this should be good for the next 6-12 months as it has a Snapdragon 600 @ 1.7 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB storage, excellent construction - can see why many people like the phone. Hate the placement of the power - top left??? - top right (like by Droid Inc 2) would have been tolerable. Anyway - they are still selling them and they're probably about the best deal on Verizon for a first phone for someone young or a replacement phone if your primary phone gets trashed. Don't hesitate on this one - you may miss a great opportunity.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I recently started having problems with my G2 (this is my third G2) and I was wary of getting a third one. I saw that Best Buy was selling brand new, unlocked Verizon HTC One M7s (gray or blue - I got the blue one) for only $200 (although they charged me another $40 in state sales tax). It is a very nice handset, smaller than my G2 but also much smaller screen (5.2 vs 4.7) but just as nice. The boomsound is nice but it isn't something I use very often. This is a 2 year old flagship but rarely, if ever, do Verizon handsets ever get discounted at the replacement level - they are still selling Droid Maxx's for $599, etc. so to get a top notch handset without a contract is a great deal. This would be an excellent handset for use on their prepaid plans or on Page Plus (a Verizon MVNO that now has LTE). While the camera is disappointing (especially against the G2) having it work better as a phone (yes, I still use my phone for phone calls) will have to be the bigger factor for now. Considering it got immediately updated to Kit Kat 4.4.3 and Sense 6 as soon as I activated it and expecting Lollipop in the next couple of months this should be good for the next 6-12 months as it has a Snapdragon 600 @ 1.7 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB storage, excellent construction - can see why many people like the phone. Hate the placement of the power - top left??? - top right (like by Droid Inc 2) would have been tolerable. Anyway - they are still selling them and they're probably about the best deal on Verizon for a first phone for someone young or a replacement phone if your primary phone gets trashed. Don't hesitate on this one - you may miss a great opportunity.

I wish I could get a new phone.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what your budget is but it doesn't get much better than this - $200 for an unlocked, former flagship Verizon Phone. The screen is gorgeous, battery life is acceptable (get through most days), great build quality, good in hand feel (except for the power button on the high left, boomsound speakers, Snapdragon 600 (1.7 GHz) with 2 GB RAM, 32 GB storage (over 25 usable despite all the bloat - Verizon and Amazon). You can probably get 6 months free financing from Best Buy which cuts it down to 33.33/month and you own it. It is very rare to see full price Verizon phones discounted at all (usually they only discount the 2 year contract price from $199 down to 0 but the full price option never changes). And, by the way, they have dropped the price to $149.99 for both the Verizon and ATT Models. They are going to refund me $50. based on their price match program (which is applicable to in store price drops within the 2 week return period. If you need/want a premium phone at a budget price (whether you want to use it on Postpaid, Prepaid or even MVNO like Page Plus or Straight Talk THIS IS A TREMENDOUS DEAL THAT MANY PEOPLE THOUGHT WAS THE PHONE OF THE YEAR IN 2013. This is unlocked no contract replacement phone for only 149.99 + state tax with free shipping. Don't miss it.

Last edited:

ssuber98

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree that it would be a great phone for Verizon prepaid. I picked up the AT&T version. After hearing that Samsung is starting over, I decided to not get the Note 4. My Note 2 is getting pretty long in the tooth, so I decided to give HTC a try again. My last one was the myTouch 4g.

Posted via Android Central App