HTC M7 black screen and repetitive vibration (won't turn on) How can I fix this?

Diego Yalibat

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
HTC M7 BLACK SCREEN AND REPETITIVE VIBRATION (won't turn on)

Hey Guys!
I bought a HTC M7 (Verizon unlocked) with a broken screen. (stock rom, not modified at all, and with android lollipop)
After I replaced the screen, I turned it on and it worked just fine. But after using it for a while I noticed that the notification bar wouldn't come down, so I assumed maybe it was a connection that was giving me that problem and disassembled it again. I checked everything again, made sure everything was in place and reassembly it again. When I tried to turn it back on, I just got a vibration... and a Black screen. Tried to turn it on again, but again just a vibration and a black screen (not sound at all). I plugged it in my computer and the computer makes the sound that something is plugged in, but the phone does not appear connected (recognized). Also, the charging red light, won't come on. (not even with the charger or connected to my computer)
I've tried:
1) Hold power button + vol/down = just vibration
2) Hold power button + vol/up = just vibration
3) Hold power button + vol/up+down (for about 2 minutes) = just vibrates over and over during that time
4) Previous steps under a bright light. Literally I stepped on a table and did it under a light bulb, and nothing.

I'm quite desperate and sad because it was working great (except for the notification bar), and now it won't turn on... just freaking vibrate..

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! Any suggestion?

*Update: I left the phone charging during the night and the green light came up in the morning. I tried to turn it On while connected, but the green light disappeared and it vibrated again once...

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC M7 BLACK SCREEN AND REPETITIVE VIBRATION (won't turn on)

I just got a vibration... and a Black screen.
A sign that the phone was wet and not dried soon enough. It could have been dry by the time you got it, but the impurities are still on the motherboard, still causing shorts and still etching traces - until the phone fails.

I assume that the phone was advertised in as-is condition (or if on ebay as for parts - a non-working screen wouldn't qualify for used status, which means working). That's one of the risks you take when you buy a phone without a guarantee on a world on which there are unscrupulous people. ("Got wet, but I dried it" would be an obvious "don't buy" sign, so the seller "forgot" to mention it.)

Diego Yalibat

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC M7 BLACK SCREEN AND REPETITIVE VIBRATION (won't turn on)

Thanks for replying Rukbat!
Yep, I bought it on ebay... and I guess I took my chances by buying it as it was.
Do you think there is a way I could try to access to the phone by my computer? Just to try everything before I give up.