Help with BRICKED HTC One M8 > HTC Logo with 4 triangles

wikwikwik

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you change your CID? SuperCID is 11111111 and you do that with a fastboot command.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!

You need to RUU to get the partitions back in order. BTW you dont flash roms in RUU mode, you flash in recovery