that black bar on bottom of phone screen annoyingly disappears

erika shumway

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what to call it, control bar..? The black bar at the bottom of the screen that has the back arrow and home screen button and double box icon button that pulls up your recent apps, well that always disappears when an internet browser is open and you have to swipe down all the time to make it reappear. I HATE this!!! it started doing this after the very first phone software update. I imagine it's supposed to be a good feature allowing you to see a quarter inch more of the internet window, but I HATE it and it is so inconvenient. Is there a setting somewhere hidden to change this?

htownsend

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what to call it, control bar..? The black bar at the bottom of the screen that has the back arrow and home screen button and double box icon button that pulls up your recent apps, well that always disappears when an internet browser is open and you have to swipe down all the time to make it reappear. I HATE this!!! it started doing this after the very first phone software update. I imagine it's supposed to be a good feature allowing you to see a quarter inch more of the internet window, but I HATE it and it is so inconvenient. Is there a setting somewhere hidden to change this?

I have two of them at the bottom- any idea how to get rid of one?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I use the chrome browser and the bar remains and doesn't disappear. Happens in gallery and camera and I too can find it annoying. In something like YouTube or a game then it's a good feature but for an app u pop in and out of quickly it's annoying.

Have a look in the browser settings. Maybe switch off full screen mode or something and that might stop it?

Posted via the Android Central App